“A very good place to stay”

Norwood Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Worthington
Reviewed August 22, 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Judith J

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Room was clean with newer bedding which is nice. Carpet needs replacing, but was clean. Price is reasonable. Nice to have restaurant/bar on site with an outdoor seating area away from the entrance for smoking. Unfortunately, the building design put the rooms on the freeway side and the restaurant on the other side. And, of course, the pool was out of service! Frustrating.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Considering it was the best available for 3 nights during the Stergis Motorcycle migration it worked. Nothing fancy.

When we first arrived I was concerned with the amount of cigarette smoke smell in the hallway of the nonsmoking rooms. Our room was a pleasant surprise that it did not smell like smoke.

The ventilation comes from a rather noisy fan/air conditioner at one end of the bedroom.

The room had a door that could be opened to the room next to us, which caused a bit of a problem when people started to smoke in the non-smoking room next to us and their fan/air conditioner decided to blow their smoke through the adjoining door into our room during the middle of the night. I needed to stuff a wet towel under the door and turn our room fan on high to pressurize the room to keep the smoke out. Management seemed unconcerned when told about the smoking in the next room despite the fine they say they assess if someone smokes in a non-smoking room.

The tub is a bit light weight. You could feel it shift under your feet when you moved during taking a shower.

I feel that I have low standards for the included continental breakfast, but they managed to squeeze under my bar when I went in to eat it in the morning. I usually go for the scrambled eggs & sausage, but seeing it sitting in a refrigerated case with instructions to microwave it kind of dropped below my threshold.

Other than that, it seemed clean and the people were friendly.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I try not to be too harsh on most hotels but this one is a dump. First lets start with the room, Half of the lights didn't work,, The coffee maker, refridgerator , micro-wave and something else were all plugged into a power strip that was hanging by its own cord and didn't touch the floor. The bed sheets had washed out (but plainly evident) blood stains on them. The AC grumbled all night and sounded like a semi. The floor felt grimy. There is no elevator and the pool was down, Now the restaurant attached to the hotel the bar was decent however I ordered a Rib eye and got a sirloin. Now anyone who likes steak know the difference and when I mentioned it to the bartender she brought out her chef (her words not mine). He proceeded to explain to me what a rib eye was and how to tell. The difference was he was explaining a sirloin. The and baked potato were both very small and can you really call it a salad when it's lettuce and one slice of tomato? I guess I should have not accepted the room and went somewhere else. Next time I'm in this area for work I won't stay here.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Unfortunately there was nothing else available in the area, so we made a stop as we were tired of driving. It was a Saturday night and people were celebrating a wedding in the bar.which is fine, but the people at the front desk were complaining about a mouse they saw coming out of a room. I knew then this would not be good. We were tired, so we went to check out the room and the halls were musty and smelled of smoke. But the room had a very bad odor that smelled of a combo of smoke and puke. We could not open the window and everytime the loud air conditioner went on it was almost unbearable. If it wasn't for my young son looking so snug, my husband and I would have gotten up and left. At breakfast time we woke up to get coffee and my husband checked the date on the creamers which were 4 months expired. Move on....

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Reviewed July 22, 2014

1  Thank Jan P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worthington
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Worthington
1 mi away
Days Inn Worthington
Days Inn Worthington
#6 of 7 in Worthington

Been to Norwood Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Norwood Inn & Suites

Address: 2015 N Humiston Ave, I-90 and US 57, Worthington, MN 56187-9769 (Formerly Worthington Travelodge)
Location: United States > Minnesota > Worthington
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Spa Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Worthington
Price Range: $59 - $79 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Norwood Inn & Suites 2*
Located off I-90, welcome to our great hotel in Worthington Minnesota with affordable rates and cheap budget discount lodging. Norwood Inn and Suites welcomes you to our budget hotel in Worthington Minnesota. Norwood Inn and Suites will provide you excellent customer service with great amenities in comparison to all Hotels and Motels in Worthington Minnesota. Please visit us on your next stay in Worthington Minnesota and let us provide you with 4-star hospitality for 2 to 3-star budget rates. Norwood Inn and Suites has been providing lodging and accommodations in Worthington Minnesota for several years and looks forward to providing our valued customer and business traveler with the best service in Worthington Minnesota for Hotels and Motels. Free WiFi Free Parking Bus and Truck Free Continental Breakfast Indoor Pool Fitness Center Restaurant and Meeting Room Flat Screen TV with Cable Air Conditioning Mini Fridge and Microwave Hair Dryer and Coffee Maker Pets Allowed ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Norwood Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Travelodge Worthington