“Great Place to stay”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Worthington
Omaha
“Great Place to stay”
Reviewed April 25, 2008

I stayed at the travelodge for business. The staff was very helpful when it came to the wireless internet not working. They figured out the problem and had it fixed in 15 minutes. They were really friendly. I had no problems with this hotel. While I was there they were doing some up grades. It may be an old hotel but with a little work it has started looking really nice.

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank doretta29

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chicago
Reviewed April 24, 2008

We came down to Worthington to visit family and our stay was great. I’ve read bad reviews about this hotel but they have really turned things around and would definitely recommend this hotel to others. The price was affordable with the services they provide. The pool was great for our kids and the hot breakfast in the restaurant was a plus. We stayed in their executive rooms and did not have a problem with anything. Would recommend this hotel to others.

• Liked — Good food and clean place.
  • Disliked — Hallways seem to be narrow, hard to walk around during busy night.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank sindy_morris1234
Iowa
Reviewed August 1, 2007

Terrible is all one can say. Worn out rooms and halls, poor pool area with freezing water even in the "hot" tub...scary place, stay away

• Stayed December 2006
1 Thank maintain242001

Travelers are raving about these Worthington hotels

Dubuque, Iowa
Reviewed July 29, 2007

I have stayed in many hotels before, but this hotel is not one I would recommend. This hotel has been converted, originally it was a Holiday Inn but now it is a Travelodge. It is clear, that it is old, and not a Holiday Inn!

As we came into the lobby to check in, we realized it was a run down hotel. We requested a second floor room, which we got. When we went to our room (Room 212) it was freezing! Housekeeping left the air on which made it extremely cold! The hallways were definitely old, and in need of assistance! The hotel advertised FREE WiFi, but we had a very low connection from where our room was. At first our laptop wouldn’t even connect, so we went to see the Business Center. The Business Center was locked and in the book it said we needed to contact the Front Desk for assistance. We were told that to use the Business Center it would cost $5 a DAY!!! I have never had a hotel that you had to pay to use the Business Center! We DID NOT pay the $5! We ordered Pizza Hut, which was delivered extremely fast. I did notice how the delivery guy came right to our door instead of having to wait in the lobby, a possible security problem.

After, eating we went down to the pool area, which we realized was probably a little cleaner than the Mississippi River. It didn’t look very clean at all. We also went in the hot tub, which was extremely small. The bathtub in the room was bigger!

The next morning we woke up at 10 AM and went to breakfast at Stephanie’s. The food was good, but the service was a little slow. The manager, was terrible!! She was always complaining to her staff. She had her kid with her who was running around the restaurant and she was yelling at him too. She would yell so loud, everyone in the restaurant would look at her!

The next day at check out, we were glad to be leaving. The check out staff was friendly and fast, like a hotel should be.

When staying in Worthington, try to stay away from the Travelodge!

• Liked — The Price
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank cajordan
Sioux Falls, Sd
Reviewed July 24, 2007

The room itself was alright. The hotel has a lot of little bumps and bruises because it is an old hotel that has been there for about 50 years. Stephanies restaurant is also very good for breakfast in the morning. I must agree though with the other reviews about the rude staff and overcharging for the rooms. I had made my reservation about 2 months in advance over the internet through travelodge themself, not priceline, travelocity etc.
when I checked out I noticed that I had been charged 69.00 instead of 59.00 that i was quoted at the time that I made the reservation. I was told that the host computer system had changed my reservation to a room with 2 beds instead of just one bed as i had ordered. I told them that I had not told host to do this so I wanted them to take the 10.00 off. I was rudely told by the front desk manager that they cannot change the rate. I know that this is a lie because I have worked in the hotel business myself for many years and have worked on the same computer system that they have there, so I know that it can be done. They told me that I will have to call Travelodge to get a silly lousy 10.00 taken off my bill. Apparently the management there doesn't know that the more times that Travelodge customer service has to take care of stupid problems like this that could have been taken care of extremely easily actually costs them more than just adjusting the 10.00 off and they also get more points taken off of their quality assurance inspections.

I have 2 other reservations there this summer, both of which are going to be cancelled due to this inconvienience, so, they have lost my business forever. Oh well, it's their loss and my gain.

• Liked — the free breakfast
  • Disliked — pretty much everything else
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank sdmgross
Small town, Minnesota
Reviewed December 7, 2006

Due to the number of amenities (supposedly) offered by this hotel, I thought that it would be a good choice for our friends and family to stay while attending our wedding in a nearby town. Unfortunately, we had nothing but problems with this place.

Though I had requested to have a block of rooms saved at a group rate one year in advance, the hotel personnel quoted many different prices to the guests as they called in individually to reserve rooms. One month prior to the wedding, I called the hotel to ask about the discrepancy and was told that anyone that had mistakenly been quoted a lower rate would receive a call from the manager the week before their reservation to be informed of the higher rate since it was a “peak vacation weekend.” This seemed like a strange business practice to me, but none of our guests received such a phone call.

Instead, most everyone was surprised upon check out to find much higher rates than they had been told when they reserved and several were charged more than the group rate. When they tried to ask about being a part of the group rate or the lower price that they were quoted, the hotel personnel refused to listen to them and insisted that rates were increased due to “peak vacation season.”

One of our guests called the hotel the afternoon of the event to confirm her room and let them know that they would be late checking in (after the wedding reception.) She was politely told that they had her reservation and since it was reserved with a credit card, they would save the room until her arrival. However, when she arrived several hours later, she was informed that her credit card could not be “guaranteed” and therefore her room had been given away. After finding other hotels in town also full, she was forced to travel several hours home late at night. In order to compound this experience for her, she discovered that she was charged for the room on the very same credit card that was not “guaranteed.”

When we returned from our honeymoon, we were also surprised to find that we were charged for our suite as well as a regular room. When I called to straighten out the situation, the hotel personnel insisted that I pay for the bridesmaids’ room since they did not submit a credit card. They would only reverse the charges if I had the bridesmaid call in to switch the charges over to her card. I contacted the bridesmaid, who had in fact paid for the room and had even paid off her credit card already. It took nearly a full day and five separate calls to the hotel to have these incorrect charges removed. Throughout the process, the bridesmaid and I were continually treated as if this was our fault and never received anything resembling an apology.

In addition, many of our guests were treated very rudely by desk staff when checking in or out and when asking for assistance. A number of people did not receive the breakfast voucher that was supposed to be included with the room. Some of our family reported issues with noisy neighbors, broken coffee pots, etc. and said that they received little to no help from hotel staff.

I realize that it is difficult to please everyone all of the time, but I was supremely disappointed that so many people were mistreated and overcharged. Contacting the hotel manager was extremely difficult and completely useless. Since it is a small town, I was able to locate and contact one of the hotel owners. I was slightly appeased by receiving the first thing that resembled an apology and an admission of fault. She asked that I get all of the information to her, so that she might amend the situation. However, after compiling and submitting a full list of complaints and overcharges, the owner informed me that they would be unable to change any of the charges.

Most customer service driven industries believe in treating people well, apologizing to customers, and giving discounts, coupons or refunds to keep people happy to earn their business. I thought that I might be treated well for bringing so much business (about 40 rooms) to this hotel. However, this hotel appears to believe in treating people rudely and disrespectfully throughout all of the levels of its management.

• Liked — Very little.
  • Disliked — Rude and disrespectful staff, being overcharged
  • Tips/Secrets — Find another hotel!!!
  • Stayed August 2006
5 Thank Luv2UseMyPTO
Fbo Mn
Reviewed November 6, 2006

Front desk very rude. Owner cancelled keycards do to noisy dog. Said we had to take dog with when leaving ( supposed hotel rule ) We never saw it anyplace in rules that were left on bed @checkin. Owner changed room rate to full price after we had mishap with dog. We were with wedding party When we went to front desk about dog the owner yelled at us in front of other guests ( Not very bussiness like ) We were charged $10.00 a day for dog when hotel pricing in room said $7.00 per day. I would not reccommend this place to anyone looking for a clean secure well managed place to stay. VERY DISSAPOINTING

• Liked — absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — management& food
  • Tips/Secrets — absolutely do not stay here if you have pets
  • Stayed November 2006
1 Thank pinktennies
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worthington
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Worthington
Comfort Suites & Conference Center
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sibley
Sibley Inn Hotel, Iowa
Holiday Inn Express Worthington
Super 8 Worthington Minnesota

Been to Norwood Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!