“I hope first impressions are wrong...”

Norwood Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Worthington
New York
“I hope first impressions are wrong...”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Because of location, etc. we are choosing this hotel for one night. Since we aren't staying longer I am ignoring the negatives reviews and taking a chance. I have to say though, I have called many hotels for information and to make reservations for our 3 week trip. The woman who answered the phone at this hotel was the least friendly, abrupt person I have encountered so far. I received 'Yup" and "nope" in response to my questions, No " thank you" or "how else may I help you?" I hope someone who cares about their image is reading this and maybe this woman will be on vacation when we drive through in July. This is not the person I would want to speak to if there is a problem with our room or reservation.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank xerete
pate0153, General Manager at Norwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear Guest:

We appreciate your feedback on your experience. I have discussed your concern with our staff members and would like to assure you that you will not be disappointed with your stay with us. If you have any further questions or concerns please ask to speak to our Management Team by calling 507-372-2991. We look forward in serving you during your upcoming stay with us.

Management Team
507-372-2991

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I saw the reviews for this hotel and planned to stay here. I asked how much a room would be and was told a rate $10 more than what was quoted online. When I asked to look at a room the front desk person rudely refused saying people don't need to look at rooms. This was enough to send me on my way. They also charged more a second floor room.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
pate0153, General Manager at Norwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Dear Guests: We appreciate your feedback and would like to assure you the issue has been looked into and resolved with our front desk agents. We have various room types to accommodate every guest needs. We accommodate online reservation, however, encourage our guests to book directly either on www.travelodge.com or by calling us directly 507-372-2991. This eliminates and restrictions from third party websites and gives our guests more freedom and flexibility when booking. I would personally like to thank you for your feedback and would encourage you to try us again and see the change in our front desk service.

Travelers are raving about these Worthington hotels

South Dakota
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Had bad weather returning home from a Christmas get-together with my family. Having been in a similar situation before, we decided to get a room and wait it out. Decided to eat in the hotel resaturant; the food was good and served up quickly. We did not get to use the pool or other amenities, but breakfast the next morning had the best selection I have ever seen outside of an all-inclusive resort. They had sausage and egg patties along with cheese slices to make your own breakfast biscuits. Waffles, cereal, oatmeal and fruit rounded out the selection. We started the trip home on a very good note.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Don87
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed December 12, 2011

This hotel is old but the owners and staff take pride in it. They are always updating something around it. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They want to get to know the guests they have staying at their property. They are all so close they make you feel like you are a part of their family. The beds are comfortable. I wanted to take their pillows home because they were so soft. Very clean hotel. I have recommended it to my family when they are traveling. The only thing I would suggest is that they get the word out that they are there. They are not on the main road in town they are north of Interstate 90.

Room Tip: The rooms on main level are all non smoking and have been completely updated.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Doug S
Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 28, 2011

My sister and I have stayed here the last two nights. Staff is pretty nice, friendly. Had to get clean pillowcases right away, they had somebody else's hair on them when we checked in. Front desk clerk, Yolanda, was helpful. Restaurant food we ate was good and the bartender, a young social work student, handled the inebriated with kid gloves and got the job done when she cut them off.

We are both sensitive to smells and if the musty, cigarette smell gets to you, this is not the place for you. Underneath beds was not vacuumed. Dusty.

We got this room on www.hotels.com and when we needed to change our reservation to get to our 98-year old Aunt's sooner, we found out we would lose our money as they allowed no changes or cancellations. So that was not conducive to our using this motel again.

Apparently people who work on temp projects/construction in the area stay here, so the bar got rowdy, but it was over by 10 PM.

There was free wireless, but it kept booting us off. Free continental breakfast that was okay. The waffles you make yourself were the best.

Room Tip: motel was pretty vacant except for a couple of convention type events. The motel sits on the exposed...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MelanieMcDo
Virginia
Reviewed September 22, 2011

For the price and convenience this place fit the bill. Nothing all that, but comfy and clean - brekkie wasn't much, but adequate. Clean, good bed and free i'net, staff was very nice. Ground Round Restaurant was very good and Super Wal-Mart nearby also.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tasmandevil
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed September 20, 2011

We just spent 2 nights at this familiar property, since we grew up there (but the hotel isn't as old as we are!). Room was fine; this time we didn't try the restaurant, which has been revamped since we last stayed there 3 yrs ago. Why we endorse TraveLodge/Worthington is we stayed there during a famous local festival, & they didn't jack up their room rates for the weekend like most other properties in town. We had checked some other local properties we're also familiar with, & their rates were more than double their usual rates. For a great quick bite, try the food court at the new HyVee around the corner on Oxford St. Eat in or take out.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank seatownsd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worthington
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Worthington
Comfort Suites & Conference Center
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sibley
Holiday Inn Express Worthington
Super 8 Worthington Minnesota

Been to Norwood Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!