Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Woodbury
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Woodbury
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Good things for the most part.
I travel a lot and am very picky when it comes to extended stay suites. Cleanliness is all important, of course. This place had just been upgraded/renovated, so that is a good start.

The staff made a big difference as well. Heather at the front desk assured me and convinced me to come 2200 miles and I was not disappointed. The rooms are not huge but enough and comfortable, good free wi-fi connection( which I am on now). Full size fridge, 2 burner stove, micro and toaster, cabinet space and basic cooking and serving utensils and dinnerware.
Very nice laundry room. 2 bucks a load. Nice flat screen TV.

No oven, no loss..no pool...go jump in a lake, there are 14,000 of them in this state. Shower is strong with good temp control.

It would take a lot of mistakes to make you unhappy with this facility, what little issues existed were quickly resolved. Best Extended Stay America visit that I have had across the country.

Could use a stronger shower curtain, mine is a little light.

Travel tip of the day: If you stay in a place with a stove, make sure that the burners get pulled and cleaned underneath between guests. SEE MY ARTICLE ON SIENA SUITES IN VEGAS !

Have a good trip, once again from Bill, Senior Advisor

Room Tip: You can face the shopping mall, avenue or freeway. Windows are good and keeps the noise mostly out.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Woodbury, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Since I was traveling with 2 small dogs, they gave me a corner room which was much larger than a regular room. The room was very clean and the bed extremely comfortable. Yes, the kitchen is minimal, but you get a full-size fridge. Also a Walmart Supercenter is right there as well as good restaurants. If you stay for 7 nights you get a deep discount too. The only drawback is that it is at 94 and Woodbury, both very busy roads.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front parking lot so you'll have a buffer from the busy traffic.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Woodbury, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Minneapolis - Woodbury. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Excellent property. Recently re-modeled. Very clean room.
Mattress is new but on the firm side for my tastes. Front desk staff informed me that new pillows are next on the replacement schedule.
The staff was very friendly and eager to assist the guests.
This property is on my list of places to stay again when in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Woodbury, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Excellent Property, wonderful friendly Staff and a very clean property and quiet very clean room. I would definitely stay here and recommend this location.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo

Thank you so very much for your review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

I was expecting a FULL kitchen but there was no oven.. sad. and the cooking supplies were VERY minimal and almost no silverware, no serving or cooking utensils. Also, there was no dish soap in the room to wash them.... Our room request (2+ months ahead of time) were not met and couldn't be accommodated. =-( BUT Other than that it was clean, quite and nice.

Room Tip: no pool, no breakfast - bring own food... FULL sized refrigerator and freezer. =-) Need to cook, b...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Stayed here for just under a week. The rooms are just o.k. Only partially remodeled - stains on the sink countertop that looked like old cigarette burn marks - was told they'd be replaced during the next phase of remodeling. Clean enough, though. Lots of long-term customers. Staff was pleasant most of the time. Just an o.k. bargain.

Room Tip: Upper floor is best - they do allow smoking here in part of the building - so watch out for that if...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SparkyandBuffy
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Minneapolis - Woodbury. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the cleanliness of your accommodation, especially the condition of the bathroom sink. We have indeed just replaced the vast majority of these thus rest assure situations as yours will not occur again. Also, we have set up strict quality control standards for cleaning procedures to include stains prior to making any room available to our guests and then we inspect it to ensure that our normal procedures have been followed. Given the account you described, there was clearly an unacceptable break down in our regular operations, so I have met with my staff to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

I travel every week and I stay in a different hotel almost every night. This hotel was sufficient for the money. I always travel with my own pillow and sleep with the TV on to drowned out noise. If you are paying less than $125 a night for a room, then you have nothing to complain about...great service & convenient! Thanks, StayAmerica Minneapolis-Woodbury!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lindsay o
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodbury
4 mi away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Paul East
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Paul-Woodbury
Residence Inn St. Paul Woodbury
Hampton Inn Minneapolis/St. Paul-Woodbury
Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn St. Paul/Oakdale

Been to Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Woodbury? Share your experiences!