“Fantastic food, great wine, great service”

Angelinas Kitchen Italian restaurant and wine bar
Ranked #3 of 102 Restaurants in Woodbury
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I met a friend here on a whim. She selected the wine before I got there, so I can't comment on the selection, but the wine that the server had recommended was wonderful. The server had recommended some specialties to my friend while she was waiting for me, and we both decided to go with the recommendations. She went with the eggplant parm and I had the italian veggie saute with chicken and peanut sauce. Both were wonderful. Mine had very minimal peanut sauce, but our server quickly brought more, explaining that they keep the sauce light as some people were complaining they had too much. The little extra was perfect for me, even though it was very flavorful without it. Both meals tasted extremely fresh. Our server was very attentive, and I have absolutely no complaints. The atmosphere was great (intimate though slightly trendy), with live piano music. It was cozy, though I felt we could have a private conversation. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Stopped in for dinner last night. We really wanted to like this place. Woodbury has very few locally owned restaurants. The amosphere was nice, although it had an odd table layout. Live jazz music and candlelight was a nice touch. The wine list was small, and not very impressive. Our server seemed a little nervous, probably a new hire. She asked if we wanted parmesan cheese for our entrees, we said yes, but she never came back with it. The bread and dipping oil was fabulous, but that's where the goodness ends. Our food was very bland. My husband ordered the sausage and peppers with penne. It was described as being accompanied by a spicy arrabiatta sauce. He said it was bland, and not spicy at all and neither was the sausage. The portion of sausage was minuscule. The dish was mostly pasta. I ordered shrimp risotto. The risotto was good and creamy, but the shrimp were slightly overcooked and there were too many mushrooms for my liking, but, that's just me. Portion size was good. My daughter ordered rotini Alfredo from the kids menu. She didn't like it, and didn't eat it. It was mostly pasta with very little alfredo sauce. To top it off, the sauce was very bland. She described it as not very cheesy or creamy. Sorry. We won't be back.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I went with my daughter for the all you could eat pasta dinner. The Caesar salad was huge and the portion of pasta was as well. We could not finish the pasta and were then told that we could not take the leftovers home. We had not ordered any more than the first portion served so I thought this a shame and a huge waste of food. I could have understood this policy if we had ordered another plate, but not when we could not even finish the first.

4  Thank Kristal R
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Our server was great. The food was ok. An Italian place that didn't have Giardiniera?? I found that odd. Italian sausage party and no link?. It was ok. The drinks were poured well. And the staff was very nice

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

First visit we made there we didn't eat but just stopped by to check the place out. We were very pleased with what we saw. The owner was at the front counter and she was very personal and welcoming. She really sold us on the place as she told us that the recipes were from her grandmother. So a couple of weeks later we decided to give the place a try. I had the spaghetti and my partner had a linguini in a white sauce (I can't remember the name of the dish). Overall the food was very average. The spaghetti was good but way, way to spicy and the linguini was bland to the point that we couldn't eat it. After we finished our meals our server disappeared for about 30 min. So we were left sitting there while our server hung out talking with the wait staff. The place wasn't especially busy so I don't know what made here vanish because prior to that she was very attentive. When we left my girlfriend probably summed it up the best when she said; "I have a feeling that Angelina's Grandma was a better cook than that. ". We'll give them another try because my gut tells me that maybe they were just having an off night.