“Great meal and service”
Review of Sole Mio

Sole Mio
Reserve with OpenTable
Sole Mio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 102 Restaurants in Woodbury
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse, Bar, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Valley Creek Road
Description: Sole Mio Ristorante is located in Woodbury Minnesota at Valley Creek Mall. The menu reflects Chef Angelo Montes’ Italian roots and philosophy of serving traditional and contemporary Italian cuisine along with steaks and seafood highlighting the old world flavors of the Mediterranean. Lunch: Designed to provide guests with the opportunity to take their time or get in and out with options like the daily lunch buffet that will offer a variety of delicious menu selections at an affordable price range. Dinner : A casual approach to dining; a special evening out with your significant other, a fast bite, important business gatherings or simply socializing with friends at our bar. Sunday Brunch features a offering of classic egg dishes, meats, seafood, pizza, pastas, fresh baked breads, salads, pastries. A build your own Omelet station and Bloody Mary bar.
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I went on a Thursday night, so it wasn't too busy. We were seated promptly and within a few minutes the waitress came to our table. She took our drink order and when she came back with the drinks she explained the specials of the evening. We ordered the appetizer and spoke to Teresa who is co-owner with her husband who is the chef/owner. Awhile later we ordered dinner, which was great and then had dessert. We never felt rushed, just like in Italy. Dinner is leisurely. The owners are from Northern Italy.

1  Thank sandylp

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Went for the first time on a Saturday night at 7 pm (we made reservations). I do think you could get a table...but it was crowded. The place is unassuming from the outside - sort've in a little strip mall/plaza. But once inside, everything was excellent. Had a calamari appetizer which was cooked to perfection. Everyone in our party of 4 was completely pleased. The waitress was excellent. We told her at the onset to please not rush us in any way, as we wanted to relax & chat and she was fabulous! Def a new fave in Woodbury!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had a very bad experience at this restaurant. We sat for at least 15 minutes before our waitress came to our table. It's not like they were busy. There were many empty tables around us. My daughter found a long hair in the butter that came with the bread, so nobody wanted to eat the bread. Then, the waitress forgot to put our appetizer order in. She told us it would still come out before the meal if we wanted it. We should have said "no thanks", but we were really hungry. So about 2 minutes after our meals arrived, the waitress brought out a plate of under cooked calamari. The breading was soggy. The rest of the meal was nothing special and it wasn't cheap. Maybe they were having a bad night. I believe in giving second chances, but it will be a while before we go back.

1  Thank C B
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I love a good steak so this is what I have had both times I have been here in the evening. The chef is the owner and he seriously puts his heart into his food. This is the best steak I have ever eaten. The staff are all friendly and love to work at Sole Mio. I have also tried the buffet lunch. This was also delicious. I love true Italian food and this was it.

I don't do the bar scene so I can't comment on it or late night activity. Sole Mio is in a small mall and you will be amazed once you get in the restaurant ..... you would think you were somewhere extra special and not in a mall.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

'Dined with four friends and we all had very good meals. Finally, the east side of the Twin Cities has a 'real keeper' dining spot that is a nice cut above all of the chain restaurants. The acoustics are good in the restaurant so you can have a nice conversation while enjoying the dining experience. Service is good and friendly.

1  Thank 2TravelersMn

Been to Sole Mio? Share your experiences!