“not great for groups functions ”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Tavern Grill

The Tavern Grill
Ranked #1 of 99 Restaurants in Woodbury
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cambridge, Canada
“not great for groups functions ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

overall a really good experience here. the service was fairly fast considering how busy it was. (place was packed) we we're a group of 10 and we were sat at 2 round tables. Which meant the host and myself had to squeeze between the cracks of the round tables. not good for a professional meeting environment.
the selection of beers was good and plentiful. I would go back again but not for a function bigger then 4

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Woodbury, Minnesota, United States
“Always a favorite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Brunch, lunch, dinner and drinks - any occasion works for the Tavern. Pick up the Tavern card and get even more discounts on drinks and your final bill. They have several options to customize your own burger, salad, pizza, bloody mary...Price is in line with other options around Woodbury. Waiting time is usually less than 30 minutes.

• Visited November 2013
Rockwall, Texas
“Fun Place, Interesting Concept, SUPER Service! + Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

Went for dinner on Mnday night (yesterday). Nicely architected and appointed place; good impressions walking in the front door and being greeted by friendly, smiling staff. We were seated right away in a large booth, and our server appeared just a few minutes later.

I mentally noted that like the several female staff members we passed on the way to the booth, that she was also a petite young lady, about 5' tall. Now this is very politically INcorrect, but being the wag I am I asked her if all new hires had to walk under a certain height bar to get hired. She laughed along with me, and the rest of the evening offered us constant and superb service! ((At the end of the evening, I told her that she might be short in stature (again, politically INcorrect), but that her Personality brely fit under the ceilings in the place....which are about 20' high!
Her name was SAMANTHA, so if you go for a meal, be sure to ask for her by name... although, if its afew months from now, she'll probably be running the place; she's that good!

Now to the food: We ordered the special -- Fish & Chips (reg. $16, special $12.) -- that's for ALL YOU CAN EAT! It was accompanied by a very interesting and tasty artisan 'tartar sauce', fresh lemon, cole slaw, and waffle fries. The fish was crisp and not greasy. All in all, very tasty meal. A big PLUS was that they allowed my own petite wife and her sister to SHARE one. That is UNHEARD OF with most AYCE deals, so huge props to the management and our server for allowing that. (I mean, it's not like they were going to eat much anyway; but most places wouldn't allow it.)

Had some great Stella Artois on tap, nice and cold, to accompany the meal... let's just say nobody left hungry. We didn't even have room for apiece of the special Red Velvet cake.... I did see a piece go by though, and it looked delicious.

Overall, a great experience and I guarantee we WILL be going back!!

NOTE: The high ceilings do make it a bit noisy, but not unlike any popular place you might go to with the acoustics that are pretty much a part of most modern architectural design. Noisy, but also the background crowd noise kind of makes it seem like more fun :)

• Visited November 2013
Woodbury
“Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Sunday brunch at the Tavern is one of the best we have had. Along with the many options on the buffet line you can also order a personal omlet and they have a separet panack line. Lastly the specials on Bloody Mary's and Mamosa make it a Grand Ole Time. You will not leave hungry.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jennifer H
Woodbury, Minnesota
“Poor Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

My wife and I have been Club Card members at this location since it opened. Literally, the opening day we were very impressed with this place. Since then we have been back many times and it has been very enjoyable.

Tonight was different. We arrived and found they had new menu items, every time we have gone there - we have gotten the same appetizer, literally, every time.... Chicken Gouda Fondue. Everyone can call me stupid for dis liking a place because they remove something, but to be honest this was one of the most unique apps you could get in Woodbury, and the reason we came back.

Now for the Rub. As we were leaving, I turned my club card into the manager, and told her basically we were not coming back and wouldn't need it.

The manager said one word " OK " turned and walked away and that was it. One word. That " OK " summed up there customer service in one word. I have been treated better by Burger king managers - or Walmart managers. There was no attempt to keep our business, no attempt at Empathy.

I work in customer service, and if I pulled that with one of our dealers, just said " OK " eventually we would be without dealers. What happened to the age of the customers right?

This place is devoid of true service. DO NOT DINE HERE.

JH

• Visited October 2013

Been to The Tavern Grill? Share your experiences!