“It's ok”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I went there for my birthday dinner with a friend. Our server was cool and knowledgable. But it all stopped there. The food was ok and portions were small.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

This was my second visit to The Tavern Grill and it was great. We were short on time tonight because we had tickets to a play and the place was packed. We were told we had a 15 minute wait to be seated and that is how long it took. The Build Your Own Burger is a fantastic idea, it was quick and super delicious and for $9.00 the price is great.
The Tavern Grill is so nice. The staff is friendly and attentive with great service. The restaurant is well lit and it has great atmosphere. I will be going back again, I need to try the Build Your Own Pizza!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Have been here a few times for lunch and dinner. The chopped salad, buffalo chicken salad, and build your own have consistently been good. I really like the build your own bloody mary, where you choose your vodka, spice/heat options, and garnishments. Last time my husband and I split a burger and fries; the burger was cooked to order and the fries came with options of dipping sauces. The restaurant is always busy and it is almost impossible to have a conversation inside due to the noise level. The outdoor patio is always packed. A good alternative to the mostly chain restaurants in Woodbury.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

The portions went way down from last year. We used to get the chopped salad and left feeling stuffed, now we leave hungry. It's typical menu items you'd see anywhere. Not a big fan at all.

1  Thank danielle m
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The best thing this place has going for it is the food. The kitchen staff is to be comended. We arrived early on a Friday afternoon, so t beat the rush. But still we waited for the server to even get our drink orders. She was pleasant enough but Service was bad at best. Appetizer, salad and food came all at one time. Server was not very knowledgeble about the menu. Food was very good and presentation was very appealing. But having to swat the flies from landing on your food, really detracted from the food. Front of house blew it for the restaurant.

Been to The Tavern Grill? Share your experiences!