“Great Customer Service, Great stay”
Review of Key Inn

Key Inn
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Woodbury
Reviewed May 17, 2010

Great motel, great price, great experience.

The employees at this motel provided the best customer service I have experienced in my many years of traveling. From the minute we checked in, the staff were exceptional - kind and genuine. Checking in was quick, efficient and friendly, when we did not have a clicker in our room staff delivered one to the room with a HUGE smile. The front desk staff answered my phone call using my name making me feel as though they wanted to help....I commend the management on their customer service training and their exceptional staff in Woodbury.

I have traveled for years and rarely have I recieved this wonderful service. I would recommend this motel highly.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank LisaBoston

Reviewed January 12, 2010

This is a non-renovated Red Roof Inn. Service was good and location is excellent. Just off the freeway-less than a mile from a large mall and retail district. Rooms are a challenge-my curtains had holes in them. Trash bags were apparently left overnight in the breezeway area. Good signage.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank Dirk S
Reviewed June 30, 2009

Rates were high for the accomidations. Shower had major damage along both sides, the wallboard was rotten. Fee Wi-Fi at $8/day. No refers, no microwaves, but large rooms. Staff was friendly, maids left towels daily outside the room which was nice as we had a "do not disturb" sign posted. We were on the quiet side, but facing a bar with live music on Sat night. At $65/night guess I expected more.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank upfisk
Reviewed May 12, 2009

If you don't mind no fridge, no hair dryer, only 2 towels and no coffee pot it's a cheap place to sleep. The carpet had dog hair all over. The parking lot is tiny and full of pot holes. There are people who LIVE here full time.... kids running around unsupervised everywhere... But we did get some free dog [--] under one of the beds! (must not do a very good job cleaning) - no cleaning service came over our 2 days there... very cheap... never going back

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank csegarra
Reviewed October 3, 2008

I chose this hotel since it was somewhat central to where I was going on my visit. It was definitely cheaper than some alternatives and the reviews I read seemed reasonable. I booked for 2 nights. The check-in seemed a little more complicated than it needed to be, but was okay. My room was in the back part of the hotel, 2nd floor (doors on the outside of the building), across from the bar next door. The room seemed quite adequate - clean, nice bed, good tv, etc. However, when I decided to sleep at 10:30pm, the band started up next door. The volume would go up quite a bit when the outside door was opened. About midnight, I decided to give up, check out, and sleep in the car at some restarea on the highway. However, I couldn't get a refund. So, I settled for the desk calling the police, to get the bar to shut their doors, and use the AC in the room as white noise. That solved the problem, but I wish it had been addressed by the hotel. The lady at the desk mentioned that she had to do the same thing the week before. Hum. (And, yes, maybe I should have complained earlier). I stayed the second night, using the air conditioner, and had no problems. So, in conclusion, it may be a reasonable place to stay, if you can cancel out the noise somehow. Or stay in a different part of the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
3  Thank Emophiliac
Reviewed June 18, 2007

I stayed in this hotel since it allows dogs and I was in town for a large competition. Many of us stayed at this hotel, it has nice grass areas for walking the dogs.

This hotel is very basic. Outside corredors, no elevator, No coffee maker in room, but by the front desk is a machine with not only regular coffee, but will make fancy mocha/vanilla latte as well.

The AC worked well, the beds and pillows were comfortable. It was basically clean, nothing fancy. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Directly next to the hotel is a business complex area on one side, down the main drag is everything from Target to coffee places, lots of places to eat.

The drawback was some "interesting" people who also stayed at the hotel. One morning the SWAT team raided 2 rooms - really I'm not kidding! I had felt safe since our group occupied probibly 80% of the
rooms and we all had very large black dogs. However the last night I stayed, most other competitors had moved onto another city, only a few of us were left. I noticed that there were several other
"interesting" people staying in the hotel. They never bothered me but
I tried to stay very aware and careful. I would not stay here again due to the safety concerns.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled solo
5  Thank Flatcoatfun
Reviewed February 25, 2007

The box spring had visible stains. The water in the tub ran out very slow, it still had water in the tub the morning after a night shower. I checked out of this hotel and went to another one in the same area.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Paul East
Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel
Hampton Inn Minneapolis/St. Paul-Woodbury
Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Woodbury
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Paul-Woodbury
Best Western Regency Plaza Hotel - St. Paul East

Been to Key Inn? Share your experiences!