WINNER WONDERLAND

Key Inn Saint Paul - Woodbury
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Woodbury
“Fifty!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

We book that hotel rm. For four nites. We finally made it to.mn after the ling drive. Got to the hotel and and went to check in. Lobby carpet was so nasty. Tape on lobby phone. Cigerette butts were everywhere. Got n the room n it was a complete dump. We check out the next day. Did not sleep that nite for fear of bugs. The clerk was kind enough to tell expeian to give us a refund.The room look like the room from the 70's. It was not clean and awlful!!!! Across the street is a bar. Refunds are at the hotel's descrection. I know we were not getting a palace, but i didn' t expect a dump. They should be made to up- date that hotel.The building is sitting in a business area. It looks good from the street and that's it.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank patpar68

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Woodbury, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

I had a wonderful time here, the manger Kevin was very very nice and welcoming , the hotel is very close to stores and shops and you don't need a car to get to them, they are in walking distance and there's a restraint right next to the hotel . the house keepers were very nice especially Gretchen and they cleaned my room everyday , I had a very good stay here and I would come black here and I would recommend this hotel to others :D

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
mpls
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

I came to the red roof inn needed housing for me and my two daughters . I stayed here before , because I know the area , and i have family here during the time , so as I came back a lot has changed , they had painted and did some renovations and new management .. its clean and good people but i have to say it the manager that makes the place feel welcome as well .. kevin is a good manager if you need anything , here is right there to take care of it .

Room Tip: 248 you can see the restaurant COWBOY JACKS and there not much sun if you don't like it hot...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Northfield, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

The check in clerk was very nice. That is about where the experience got worse. There were bags of trash everywhere-this is at 930 PM at night. Cigarette butts by the hundreds. The hotel absolutely stunk of smoke. The bed was awful. The floor was dirty. There were NO towels. The carpeting was old and dirty. I am a fan of Red Roof Inn but this facility was putrid. Sleep on a curb rather than this place. It is safer and certainly cleaner.

Room Tip: Try another hotel!!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
RedRoofInn063, General Manager at Key Inn Saint Paul - Woodbury, responded to this review, October 21, 2014
Dear Rayfinfer :

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I was pleased that the check in process was a favorable one for you. I would like to apologize for the rest of your stay. We have hired additional housekeepers and maintenance personal to help with the cleanliness of the hotel. As the new manager I can say that we are not where we want be and we will keep on striving to meet your expectation.

Once again please accept my apologies and I do hope that I will see you at our Inn in the future.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

The room was dirty sheets had stains on them had not been vacumed. Toe nail next to the bed. We saw the room and asked for our money back.
Lobby us grose as well the phone is held together with tape. Find anything else.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank max s
Dear Max S:

First I would like to apologize for the room not meeting your expectations. We have made a few changes so that each Guest can enjoy a pleasant stay at our property.

Aitkin, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

The light was out on their sign, therefore it was Red oof Inn! We had reserved two double beds as there were three of us, got there at 10 pm and they had given our room away so we got a king size bed for three people! That was all they had left. Luckily the third was a ten year old. We were tired and didn't argue much about it. Kind of dingy room, Slept ok though. I don't think I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Suzemo2
RedRoofInn063, General Manager at Key Inn Saint Paul - Woodbury, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear Suzemo2 :

First I would like to apologize for you not receiving the room type that you had reserved. We do not try to downgrade reservation. We try to upgrade if we are over booked on a room type. As the new manager I can say that we are not where we want be and we will keep on striving to meet your expectation.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

I had read reviews about this hotel and had some reservations about booking there, it seems like people either love or hate this hotel. The woman at the front desk was nice, friendly and helpful. We didn't see any excessive amounts of trash outside. One of the buildings was being painted and/or worked on, so the windows were covered with plastic, but it didn't look unsafe and while we saw the workers we never heard them. Our room was non smoking and smelled fine. I noticed that the furniture, bed and decor were pretty old and you could see where things had been fixed, but the room was super clean and the sheets looked new. We were missing a few towels so I called the front desk and within 5 minutes a maid came with them and said they were having problems with laundry and apologized. I would recommend this place, we didn't have any problems.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodbury
Hampton Inn Minneapolis/St. Paul-Woodbury
LivINN Hotel Minneapolis South / Burnsville
Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Woodbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Paul East
Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel
BEST WESTERN Regency Plaza Hotel - St. Paul East

Been to Key Inn Saint Paul - Woodbury? Share your experiences!