“Yuck, yuck, yuck”

Key Inn
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Woodbury
Reviewed June 10, 2014

This hotel is horrible!
The police were there several times.
The gross carpet was not vacuumed nor were the sheets changed at all in the five days we were there! There was old food in the refrigerator when we got there. Three of five days the maid removed our towels but didn't leave any replacements. The front desk gave us a negative attitude when we asked for just one. They claimed to be out of them and had to wash more just for us!
The staff claimed they were remodeling but I never saw a single worker or tool. However I did see plenty of trash and litter near the dumpster.
The internet was nonfunctional and the tv had limited channels.
The water pressure was so low I'm not sure why I bothered to attempt washing my hair at all!

The only plus was that they allowed dogs and we were in town for a dog show.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
RedRoofInn063, General Manager at Key Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Dear Theresa T:

Thank you for taking the time to to proviide us with your feedback redarding your stay at our hotel. I would like to apologize for not having towels brought to your room everyday of your stay. We are not remodeling but painting the doors and trim of the exterior of the buildings. We have also ordered more linens. We are hoping these changes will provide our guest an enjoyable stay at our property.

Once again please accept my apologies and I do hope that I will see you at our Inn in the future.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We love staying at the Red Roof Inn in saint paul with our family as the price is right and it's nice and clean and the location is very central. We will be staying here whenever we come to saint Paul. our Grandson loves to swim in the pool and they always put our families rooms close together.Thank-you to a very friendly staff also

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

They gave me a smoking room, not what I wanted but it was the only room left so I agreed to take it. I paid for it, went up to the room (#225) and it was completely torn apart - unmade. No effort to make it up. I will NOT stay at Woodbury Red Roof again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
RedRoofInn063, Manager at Key Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear Bill K:

First I would like to apologize for not having a non smoking room for you. We have made a few changes so that each Guest can enjoy a pleasent stay at our property.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Red Roof Inc. Woodbury Minnesota, is great place to stay if you on a budget. The staff is friendly and service is good. Room is clean, and enough toiletries. Heat and A/C work good and they do have refrigerator . I stay at many budget motel around the The Twin City, and this one is far the best. I would visit this Hotel twice per month. Me and my girl friend like it so much we ask for Customer REDI card ( make sure you ask to join REDI club) you get free room !!! The front desk manager name Darly she super friendly , and polite, check in and out is easy....

Lee

Room Tip: IF you have questions make sure to ask fo the manager name Darly she very friendly, and besure to jo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This hotel is by far the nastiest hotel I've seen in a long time! The rooms smell like old cigarettes the beds are uncomfortable with dirty bedding and the walls and ceiling had mold on them! My fiancé and I had to stay there for one night and payed $69 for that night, I wouldn't pay $10 to stay there if I had to do it all over again! Everything in the room was dirty just plain nasty I can't say it enough! STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Wiseguy2014

We truly apologize for your experience. We strive to make your stay a positive one.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Great friendly staff, and service. Front desk very helpful and organized. The rooms are clean, and toiletries are the room. House keeping the next day was on the spot the next day to reclean room and resupply toiletries. Thank you for friendly service

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed December 16, 2013

My trip to Minneapolis, Woodbury was around Sept / Oct 2013. What a bad experience ! The only service I received was from an Asian woman at the front desk. Where do I start, the room was o.k. for the price, I didn't receive any housekeeping for the whole 10 days I stayed. When I asked for tolietries they said they didn't have any at the front desk. The Hispanic gal at the front desk was texting and on the phone 2 times that I had to come up front. Somethings going on with the housekeeping staff, The young gal looks around parking her cart in front of the doors of people staying and going in for long periods of time. Then I witnessed her knock on a door and the man opened in his underware and she placed the do not disturb sign on the door and went inside. What?? Garbage everywhere outside, not even placed in the dumpster. When I checked out no response from the man overnight at 4am. he just stuffed my receipt under the security window. Wow no customer service at all, imagine if they had a diligent manager and a good staff that actually wanted to do their job. I would never repeat!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Bznora

Dear BZNORA:

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel.
First I would like to apologize for you not receiving any housekeeping for your entire 10 day stay.We have made a few changes so that each Guest can enjoy a pleasant stay at our property. As the new manager I can say that we are not where we want be and we will keep on striving to meet your expectation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Paul East
Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel
Hampton Inn Minneapolis/St. Paul-Woodbury
Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Woodbury
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Paul-Woodbury
Best Western Regency Plaza Hotel - St. Paul East

Been to Key Inn? Share your experiences!