“Spotless!!”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Woodbury
Wake Forest, North Carolina, USA
“Spotless!!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

One of the cleanest hotels I've ever been in. Despite the ongoing remodeling, the entire property both inside and outside, is in great condition. The room was bright and spotless. There were extra pillows already provided and more than enough towels and washcloths. The shower is terrific, the bed comfortable, the staff professional and courteous. The breakfast had many selections and the staff was extremely efficient in cleaning crumbs and other food debris left behind. The indoor pool was extremely well maintained.

Room Tip: As far as I can tell, all the rooms are good. I usually prefer rooms NOT in the vicinity of an elev...
1 Thank Judith L
Jamie S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis/St. Paul-Woodbury, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your response! We value all comments from our guests; they help us better serve you in the future so we can provide everyone with an enjoyable stay. We are very happy to inform you that our renovation is complete! We have a brand new lobby/breakfast area, business center and added a new fitness room! We are happy to know that your stay was an enjoyable one. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Moorpark, California
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Have to start with the thank-you and kudos to the helpful, accommodating and very friendly staff.

The hotel is in the midst of renovations, but I didn't find anything disruptive. They're adding a business center (now they just have a computer in the lobby, adequate for printing boarding passes) and a fitness center (they have a pool and offer passes to decent local gyms.) They're also upgrading their breakfast bar area, though it's not bad the way it is.

I was in one of the newly redone rooms. It's a standard Hampton Inn room, perfectly comfortable but unremarkable. The one serious issue I have is the air conditioning, which is in a large wall unit. It's noisy, but worse, it's right next to the desk. If you're working at the desk and the A/C comes on, you're directly in the blast of cold air. It's bad enough to make the work area extremely uncomfortable.

The only eateries in walking distance are fast food, but if you don't mind a very short drive there's an outdoor mall just up the street with casual dining options.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DebbiesOnTheRoad
Jamie S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis/St. Paul-Woodbury, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for providing us feedback about your recent stay at the Woodbury Hampton Inn. As you know, we are in the process of updating our hotel and are excited to offer our guests the finished product this fall. I appreciate your comments, as our #1 priority is guest satisfaction. We hope to have you return to our hotel when traveling back to the Woodbury area in the future.

Lynchburg, VA
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Very Clean! I would say (aside from our stay in a 2-week old Hampton Inn a few years back) this is by far the cleanest hotel I've stayed in. I always ask to see a room to check for cleanliness before I will stay in a hotel because I am very particular about carpets, bedcovers, bathrooms etc. Everything was exceptionally clean, especially the carpet which looked almost brand new.
We arrived on a Sunday night and Monday morning, the pool was being cleaned after a busy weekend of use. The girls really enjoyed the pool/hot tub.
Our stay encompassed a total of three nights and we really got to know the staff very well in that time. Every staff member was extremely courteous and helpful and always had a smile. Steve, the front desk mgr helped me in trying to find transpotation while we were there. Very friendly guy!!! Barb, our breakfast server, has a way of making you feel like you're the most important person in the world. By the end of our stay, she actually became a friend that we will continually keep in touch with. Other names escape me, but one thing is for certain - they made us feel like family.
The hotel is also conveniently located within walking distance to shopping centers and restaurants.
This will be our hotel from now on in Woodbury.

1 Thank WIGurl
Iowa
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because we had points to use. It was a basic hotel, but the service made it feel like a five star. Every staff person we encountered was over the top helpful, from the lady running breakfast to housekeeping. The hotel does not currently have a gym, but they will give you passes to a local gym at no cost. The front desk even called one of the gyms for me to make sure I could leave my son in the play area while I exercised. The rooms were clean and quiet. I would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank IowaTravellingGirl
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I arrived very late at night and left early the next morning, so didn't really 'experience' the hotel, other than getting a decent night's sleep. It's an older HI, but was clean and comfortable. The location suited my purposes (convenient for interstate). I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Jamie S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis/St. Paul-Woodbury, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to review our property. I am happy to inform you that we are just beginning a full renovation, which is set to be completed this fall. We will be making some updates to our guest rooms, lobby, breakfast area, and adding an exercise facility. We are excited to complete the renovation and show off our newly remodeled hotel. We hope with our continued efforts to improve, you will keep the Woodbury Hampton Inn in mind next time you stay in the area.

Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I loved the fact that the hotel was easy to find off the highway. What I didn't like is looking in the pool and seeing how dirty it was. The staff person at the front desk, who told me she is not a maintenance person, attempted to clean the pool. When I asked about her cleaning the hot tub that looked dirty as well, she said she was unable and it would have to be drained. Even though I had to wait, while have a small birthday party in the room, I was given no comensation and not even any apologies. We did have that small icky pool to ourselves, and it was only 4 feet deep so perfect for the kids, ages 9 and under. In the morning when I asked for breakfast to go bags, I was first only given one. I had two kids with me, and they handed me one breakfast to go. After requesting two more bags I was given them. The breakfast to go bag had a small water, a mini muffin, a small apple, and a small cereal bar. The duvet covers on the bed were washed so many times that you could visibly see the tears of the material. The so called vending machings only had a few candy bars, maybe 10 at most, and they were $1.75 each. I didnt buy anything from the vending since the machine looked old and the candy possibly expired. The bath tub in the room wasnt very clean eiether. You get what you pay for, and next time I would deffinatly spend $30-$50 more for a better quality hotel. It's hard to move a birthday party which is why we stayed. I was not even given a thank you or please come again as I left the hotel. Very very poor customer service.

Room Tip: I did request on the website to have a room next to the pool. The pool doesnt have rooms surrounding...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis/St. Paul-Woodbury, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
I want to thank you for your feedback. We value you as our guest and encourage any feedback so we can better serve our guests in the future. I apologize you had such a negative experience while staying at our hotel. These issues have been addressed with my staff and several measures have been taken to ensure incidents like this do not happen again. We hope with our continued efforts to improve guest satisfaction, you will give the Hampton Inn another try if you are ever travelling back to the Woodbury area.

New York City, New York
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Old, tired, dirty, worn hotel with disengaged staff. Rooms look clean at 1st glance, but you soon see otherwise during your stay. Peeling wallpaper, scratched and faded furniture, stains on walls, etc. This is the dirtiest, most worn Hampton Inn I have visited.
Staff not smart enough to put AC on befire you arrive, so expect a sweltering hot, stinky room upon arrival.
Careful taking a shower as you could slip unless you ask for a slip-matt. Also (Strangely enough) the bottom of the tub is slightly oval (curved) versus flat. So standing in the tub for a shower actually hurt my feet. They use water softener so expect it to take forever to rinse soap off your body.
Housekeeping does just enough to get by. I found a balled up tissue behind the toilet bowel, not mine. GROSS! Sheets come off the bed because housekeeping too lazy to tuck the bottom sheet in tightly. Trash can liner wrapped so tight (forming a void under it) and not all the way into the trash can, so you can't put garbage in.
Go all the way down to the 1st floor if you want ice.
Staff obviously does not care about guests nor their pathetic jobs. Sad! Only saving grace is the kind lady working the breakfast area - obviously she loves people and her job.
Avoid this dump of a hotel and check out the Sheraton or Hilton Garden Inn, instead.

Room Tip: Don't stay here - try the Sheraton or Hilton Garden Inn which are far superior.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JimB_Traveler
Jamie S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Minneapolis/St. Paul-Woodbury, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Dear Mr. Beck,

I am very sorry to hear about your recent stay with us. I have addressed you concerns with my housekeeping manager and will be following up with our entire housekeeping staff to ensure incidents like this do not happen again. I also want to let you know about our upcoming renovation slated for the hotel. We are completely renovating our entire public areas that will include a new lobby and breakfast area, as well as adding a fitness center. We are also updating some things in our guest rooms; including painting and resurfacing our bath tubs to name a few. We hope you will give us an opportunity to make things up to you and experience our true hospitality.

Jamie Seaberg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Paul East
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Paul-Woodbury
Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn St. Paul/Oakdale
Residence Inn St. Paul Woodbury
Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Woodbury

Been to Hampton Inn Minneapolis/St. Paul-Woodbury? Share your experiences!