Tripadvisor
Woodbury
Post
Inbox
Search

“So happy they had a sample- it made me buy 6!”
Review of Whole Foods Market

Whole Foods Market
Ranked #43 of 130 Restaurants in Woodbury
Description: Welcome to your Woodbury, MN Whole Foods Market! Founded in 1978 in Austin, Texas, Whole Foods Market is the leading retailer of natural and organic foods, the first national "Certified Organic" grocer, and uniquely positioned as America's Healthiest Grocery Store™.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Quick visit- I actually came in for a couple deli salads, but nothing was what I had a taste for. Hot foods looked a little sad at 1:20pm. Seems
Too early for that, but that’s not what I was interested in, so not an issue for me. I grabbed a couple delicata squash, and some snacks. There was a sample of Dang brand caramel coconut chips, and I thought they were excellent- so I bought 6 bags to keep some and give some away. Girl who checked me out was very nice!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (15)

Reviewed November 18, 2019

I stopped here to pick up some groceries and deli food. The produce looked fantastic; I bought several items for salads. I also bought some Icelandic yogurt I hadn't seen before. Skyr is quite good and not too sweet.

From the deli, I got a pecan tart, a turkey sandwich ($5.99), and a chicken pot pie. The pot pie was the best of the bunch, although the largest piece of chicken in it was rubbery. The shell on the pecan tart was awful, I began to wonder if I was eating the wrapper. The sandwich? The bread was quite old and dried out. The rest of the ingredients were good.

I like the large selection of Kombucha and other juices. I bought several while there.

I'm also happy with the fact that I can use my Amazon prime membership for a discount at checkout. It's really pretty easy.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

Such a great store! I love that because I am an Amazon Prime member I get a discount on certain things just by scanning my app at the check out register. Today we picked up steaks, hamburgers, and bratwursts as well as some veggies at the deli. We bought broccoli salad, and the gal behind the counter offered us a sample of the Siracha Brussels sprouts, so of course some of those came home with us as well! The meat department has a chart with a number system indicating which beef is grass fed, grass fed with the possibility of being near grain, etc... so you know exactly what you are getting- very cool! We left with more items than those, but that’s what we had come in for. There are stands throughout the store with homemade bath products, candies and chocolates, cookies, as well as kitchen utensils, plants, and little decor items. There are many hot and cold salad bar items to package and take out yourself. We love this place!

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank Jilly070
Reviewed April 24, 2019

I have been a Whole Foods shopper for years; my regular stores are the one in St. Paul on Fairview (which has moved in recent years to Selby) and the Midtown Atlanta one near Ponce City Market. The brand new flagship store in Midtown Atlanta is closer to our condo and just one hotel down from the Four Seasons; we shop there too. So I have seen a range of WF stores. The Woodbury store is ok but a little on the light side for selection.

In Atlanta we have a large selection of wine and craft beer. Not so in Woodbury. I was one of those people who asked at the St. Paul store whether the being-built Woodbury store would have wine and beer; I was told they would need a separate entrance due to Woodbury ordinances. I didn’t notice a separate shop... Lunds & Byerly’s managed it, Kowalski’s managed it. But not Whole Foods?

The produce at the Woodbury store is good but relatively small and I really like their specialty juices and shots. The beet juice ($4 ea) and the immunity shot ($3.49?) are my favorites.

Very small selection of flowers or plants compared to other stores. Also the vitamin section employees are not very knowledgeable.

There is a good selection of nut milk BUT I did not see Bolthouse Foods’ Plant Milk in the white and green bottle! In Atlanta we can even buy it at Publix! Come ON, stock it. I will probably buy at least 2 bottles per shopping trip.

The seafood in the counter is good and tastes and smells fresh. However, I have purchased both a bag of frozen flounder filets and a bag of frozen shrimp from the frozen case that is near the butter and discovered both items were so fishy I could hardly bear it. The flounder has to be heavily seasoned; I may toss the last two filets. I gave my cat some of the defrosted shrimp; he licked them and then played one across the floor, He didn’t want to eat them, and my dad used to hand feed him shrimp as a treat. That should tell you something!

Prepared foods: Well, there are extensive prepared foods in the deli area. When I was there recently I bought a container of cold Lo Mein Noodles (.59 lb @ $8.99/lb, or $5.30). They were fairly good and had lots of slivered vegetables, mostly carrots but heavy on the sodium. I also bought the Blackened Chicken Pasta Salad (.85 lb @ $12.99/lb, or $11.04). It had a good flavor but the chicken was a little bit dried out. Lots of julienned carrots. I also got some Traditional Chicken Salad (.79 lbs @ $12.99/lb, or $10.26). It was good but too much mayo. Just too heavy for my tastes. And note, all of these containers were the same size! The salads vary a lot in weight from one to another; chicken adds a lot of weight.

I also received 10% off on my Lo Mein Noodles and Simply Grapefruit Juice because I am an Amazon Prime member and have everything ready to scan on the app on my iPhone. Pretty easy.

The last two times I was in I had women bagging my groceries and they did a GREAT job! Before Christmas I repeatedly had young men bagging my groceries and doing a horrible job. #1: Just because I bring in a couple polypropylene bags does NOT mean that you should load them up to 50 lbs each! Break out an extra paper bag! #2 Don’t put heavy stuff on top of fragile items or easily bruised fruit/vegetables. I’m paying a premium price for unbruised produce. Which leads me to #3, Don’t drop produce or fruit into a bag from a foot and a half above the register counter. Don’t make it so obvious that you have never cared for yourself!!! As long as WF has adults working the registers I think things will be good.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 21, 2019

Very good all round grocery+ store. Upscale. Salad bar, soup bar, sandwiches, pizza,and place to have a beer. Specials in bar everyday. It’s a upscale grocery store with stations to get pizza, soup, etc. it is not a restaurant per se.

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank dkevers2002

Been to Whole Foods Market? Share your experiences!