“Nice new property, great value for the money”

Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Woodbury
Reviewed July 6, 2009

I stayed at the Sheraton in Woodbury, MN for 3 nights on a business trip. The location is convenient to the 3M Corporate Campus which is where I was doing business. The hotel is clean and staff overall was friendly and helpful, particularly when I had to extend my trip and stay an extra night after having already checked in. I'm not sure what the regular rates are but the 3M corporate rate was extremely competitive. The food in the Red Rock bar & grill left something to be desired -- a chicken sandwich was so overcooked I almost had to cut it with a knife, but they did have good happy hour specials. My only real complaint was the fact that nobody at the front desk seemed to have a clue how far it was to the airport or what a taxi would cost. I called ahead to see if there was a hotel airport shuttle and they told me "no." I asked how much a taxi would cost, which should be a question they get a lot since they don't have an airport shuttle, right??? The answer "$30-35" was nowhere near the $50 I ended up paying. And when I asked the hotel to call me a taxi for the morning I left instead of calling a regular taxi with a meter, the called a private service that cost $60 flat rate. I have fallen for this trick before so I should have been more savvy, but at 6am in the morning I did not have time to argue. Just beware the taxi tricks and the rest of the hotel is great.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed June 30, 2009

We are 7 locals who dined at the Red Rock Restaurant on June 23. Four of us were overcharged. The waitress was uncooperative, saying "well this will take a lot of time" to correct the bills. We left after 20 minutes wait, leaving money for what we owed; not what we were charged. Two of our group had been overcharged in recent weeks, but had not shared that earlier because they didn't want to "ruin our dining experience.". One returned to the front desk with proof that the Visa charge significantly exceeded the check, and was virtually ignored. The food was "OK", but not great.

We will not be visiting Red Rock again. There other other great restaurants in the area more service oriented: Cravings, Axels, Yangs,the "chains" TGIF, Chili's, Champs, Famous Dave's etc. which have consistently provided great service and food.

• Stayed: June 2009
1  Thank kjcram
Reviewed April 6, 2009

Everything about our stay was first class. Front desk and the entire staff were always polite and helpful. Hotel is less than a year old. Everything looks so new and clean. Rooms, lobby, bar and restaurant are far above most suburban hotels and rival the best in Minneapolis, at a fraction of the downtown prices. Great bang for your buck!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2009

This hotel is a hidden gem outside St. Paul in Woodbury, MN. It has a gorgeous preppy interior design with herringbone wallpaper, dark brown leather furniture, and large flat screen tvs. It was built this year. Free wireless internet. Close to Woodbury Lakes mall and a Homegoods store for bargain shopping.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2009

I stayed here for 1 week on business. It reminded me of the St. Regis in California. Very nicely done, fairly new. Great food, etc.

Would recommend this for most any occassion.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2008

I stayed here in mid-September for two nights. The hotel itself is not what you would expect in that location. The vehicle entrance has a large fountain (think mini-Bellagio) which looks fantastic. The lobby has a lodge-type feel with a modern twist to it. Check-in was easy and the folks @ the desk were very friendly and helpful.

We were upgraded to club-level rooms for free, which was a nice treat. The club level includes free breakfast and evening appetizers along with its' own lounge area.

My room size was more than adequate and the bathroom was very large. All of the fixtures and furniture are high-end which is a nice touch. The bed was as usual for Sheraton: very, very comfortable.

Overall, I would highly recommend staying here if traveling on business. If you are traveling to the Hudson/River Falls area, this is a great alternative to the mediocre hotels in those places and absolutely worth the extra 10-15 minute drive.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2008

Very nice hotel. This property is new and in a good location. The only complaint I have is that it is so new it needs a few days to air out. The fumes from all of the new carpeting, paint, bedding, etc., is a little over the top. But other than that the hotel and staff were wonderful.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodbury
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Paul-Woodbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Paul East
1 mi away
Hampton Inn Minneapolis/St. Paul-Woodbury
Residence Inn St. Paul Woodbury
Hilton Garden Inn St. Paul/Oakdale
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Paul NE - Lake Elmo

Been to Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel? Share your experiences!