“Good stay”

Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Woodbury
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were smallish for the price but adequate. Everything was clean and neat from the lobby to the room. Bed was comfortable. I never heard another guest the whole time. The cleaning staff was next door and I didn't even know it. Great cleaning staff helpful. The workout center was clean and well organized for multiple people to use at a time. This is the first hotel I have stayed at with NFL Network! Thanks for that!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I have stayed here multiple times and they have always been good. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Last year I got sick while I was staying here and the staff took me to the hospital and picked me up when I was done. The decor is very nice. I thought the breakfast could use some help, the food wasn't the best. It has a few places you can walk to, so that is nice.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this property while attending a wedding a short distance away. We were able to check-in well before 3pm to be able to get ready for the wedding. As in typical Sheraton style, the Hotel was furnished quite nicely and the hotel staff was very accommodating. The only negative issues were guests from a different wedding party being rude and disrespectful to the other hotel guests at 2:30am. Numerous times we heard security in the hall trying to quiet them down. This wasn't the hotel's fault, just some low-class guests being rude. We did have to call the front desk for a room service menu in the morning. We typically order room service when staying at hotels of this caliber, and our meal was delivered promptly and with a smile. We'd stay here again if needed.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonWoodbury, Manager at Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. As always our guest are our number one priority and are always striving to deliver top notch service.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I've stayed here many times over the years. It's the classiest hotel east of Saint Paul. The lobby is well appointed with a great bar and staff. The breakfast buffet is excellent. The look and feel of this hotel is amazing. The rooms are large, and very well appointed. Double doors for the bathroom. The Tavern is next door. It's a classy sports bar. The summer months are especially nice as they have an outside bar. There is also a good sushi place across the street. I would stay here again. Prices are usually pretty high. Not easy to get for less than $170-$190 a night from my experience over the years.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for the review. We appreciate all types of feedback and utilize it to continue our efforts in creating great experiences. Thanks again and have a great day

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were dropping our son off at college in St Paul and while a little out of the way, the price and comfort could not be beat. They also accept pets so we were able to bring our new puppy. Given the price, the hotel was much nicer than we expected. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were very clean and quiet. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
SheratonWoodbury, General Manager at Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Sheraton Woodbury St. Paul. We are
very pleased to hear that you had a satisfactory stay with us. We love pets and are happy to provide a place where pets can stay with their family. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area.

Warm Regards,
Pattie Ball
Associate General Manger

Reviewed August 2, 2013

A very comfortable hotel if a bit out of the way. If you end up east of the city this is a great choice. The grounds are maintained, plenty of close parking and very clean facilities. The room was very comfortable and the windows even open a little for some fresh air. My only complaint was the fountain out front ran all night and I eventually had to shut the windows because of the noise. Not a major problem, but if you like your windows open the rooms on the front of the hotel may not be the best choice for you. There is even a Starbucks about 5 minutes away.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Woodbury St. Paul. We are glad to hear you had a comfortable stay. we appreciate you taking the time to give us a review. We hope you will choose our property the next time you are in the Cities.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Checked in to this hotel for a family reunion weekend. Noticed the entire "tone" of this place has gone slummy. Called the night before to make sure our rooms would be connected. The guy answering the phone was non-chalant, "chill" almost to the point of stoned. Told him I'd just call back the next morning b/c I wasn't sure my request would be taken care of.
We checked in on a Friday afternoon - seemed confused about our room requests AFTER a 2nd call to confirm. Ultimately, they achieved my request. Up to the room..wait, what's happened at this place? Sheets were obviously pilled; shower curtain didn't even wrap around the shower, so unless you block the water, it jets right onto the toilet. Also, both doorstops in bathroom were damaged. Our second room was even worse - the glass shower door was filthy. Looked like someone had a soap fight all over it...and no one bothered to clean it. Ultimately, these are small issues but show a general lack of attention on the property. Too many loose ends is bad business.
Finally, we checked out Sunday and neither room received the 500 points "green" credit. When I called down to the front desk earlier that morning, I was put on terminal hold. Mentioned it when I checked out...no one called me back after I finally hung up. AND, 2 gals at the desk with a line of check-outs...one of them going thru files and purposely ignoring the guests. I even said, I've been waiting a while. She smiled and said, "She'll be with you in a moment." Hmmm..when busy work trumps a waiting guest, there's going to be issues. Train the staff to your staff that opened that place a few years ago - they were stellar! And, inspect each room for wear and tear. The place is becoming a dump.

Room Tip: Try the new salon (755) across the street. They offer a terrific deal for Sheraton guests. Got a sha...