“Excellent, new property”

Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Woodbury
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I've stayed here many times over the years. It's the classiest hotel east of Saint Paul. The lobby is well appointed with a great bar and staff. The breakfast buffet is excellent. The look and feel of this hotel is amazing. The rooms are large, and very well appointed. Double doors for the bathroom. The Tavern is next door. It's a classy sports bar. The summer months are especially nice as they have an outside bar. There is also a good sushi place across the street. I would stay here again. Prices are usually pretty high. Not easy to get for less than $170-$190 a night from my experience over the years.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
SheratonWoodbury, Manager at Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you so much for the review. We appreciate all types of feedback and utilize it to continue our efforts in creating great experiences. Thanks again and have a great day

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were dropping our son off at college in St Paul and while a little out of the way, the price and comfort could not be beat. They also accept pets so we were able to bring our new puppy. Given the price, the hotel was much nicer than we expected. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were very clean and quiet. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
SheratonWoodbury, General Manager at Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Sheraton Woodbury St. Paul. We are
very pleased to hear that you had a satisfactory stay with us. We love pets and are happy to provide a place where pets can stay with their family. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area.

Warm Regards,
Pattie Ball
Associate General Manger

Reviewed August 2, 2013

A very comfortable hotel if a bit out of the way. If you end up east of the city this is a great choice. The grounds are maintained, plenty of close parking and very clean facilities. The room was very comfortable and the windows even open a little for some fresh air. My only complaint was the fountain out front ran all night and I eventually had to shut the windows because of the noise. Not a major problem, but if you like your windows open the rooms on the front of the hotel may not be the best choice for you. There is even a Starbucks about 5 minutes away.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Woodbury St. Paul. We are glad to hear you had a comfortable stay. we appreciate you taking the time to give us a review. We hope you will choose our property the next time you are in the Cities.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Checked in to this hotel for a family reunion weekend. Noticed the entire "tone" of this place has gone slummy. Called the night before to make sure our rooms would be connected. The guy answering the phone was non-chalant, "chill" almost to the point of stoned. Told him I'd just call back the next morning b/c I wasn't sure my request would be taken care of.
We checked in on a Friday afternoon - seemed confused about our room requests AFTER a 2nd call to confirm. Ultimately, they achieved my request. Up to the room..wait, what's happened at this place? Sheets were obviously pilled; shower curtain didn't even wrap around the shower, so unless you block the water, it jets right onto the toilet. Also, both doorstops in bathroom were damaged. Our second room was even worse - the glass shower door was filthy. Looked like someone had a soap fight all over it...and no one bothered to clean it. Ultimately, these are small issues but show a general lack of attention on the property. Too many loose ends is bad business.
Finally, we checked out Sunday and neither room received the 500 points "green" credit. When I called down to the front desk earlier that morning, I was put on terminal hold. Mentioned it when I checked out...no one called me back after I finally hung up. AND, 2 gals at the desk with a line of check-outs...one of them going thru files and purposely ignoring the guests. I even said, I've been waiting a while. She smiled and said, "She'll be with you in a moment." Hmmm..when busy work trumps a waiting guest, there's going to be issues. Train the staff to your staff that opened that place a few years ago - they were stellar! And, inspect each room for wear and tear. The place is becoming a dump.

Room Tip: Try the new salon (755) across the street. They offer a terrific deal for Sheraton guests. Got a sha...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Shellyfab
Chris W, General Manager at Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you for your review. I have addressed the issues you encountered with our entire staff and I can assure you that this is not business as usual at the Sheraton Woodbury.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Great stay and nice break during our road trip. Room was immaculate. Service very attentive. From the minute I checked in everything went smooth. Close by and plentiful parking, oversized, pillow-topped beds with heavy comforter and free Starbucks coffee. Overall, the quality I expect when staying at a Sheraton.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris W, General Manager at Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you so much for such a delightful review of the Sheraton St Paul Woodbury! I am happy to hear that we met your expectations. We take great pride in what we do and will share your review with the entire team.

Warm regards,

Reviewed June 20, 2013

The Sheraton Woodbury is a newer property that is convenient to 3M, but kind of far from Minneapolis or St. Paul. The room was nice and bed very comfortable. There were nice shampoos, etc. and a great shower in the bathroom. The Club level offers a complimentary breakfast which was a bit better than continental. There were also cocktails and soft drinks in the evening, which was nice. There is a pool, whirlpool and fitness center also. Overall, it's a great place to stay if you need to be on that side of St. Paul.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Chris W, General Manager at Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you very much for taking time to comment on your recent stay at the Sheraton St Paul Woodbury, MN. I am pleased to hear your stay was a positive experience! And yes, we are right down the road from 3M World Headquarters.

Warm regards,

Chris Wroge

Reviewed June 17, 2013

You know it's a nice hotel when they trust you with the towels. And that was only the beginning.

We discovered the recently renovated Sheraton St. Paul-Woodbury via Trip Advisor for a one-night stopover in the Twin Cities, and everything, from start to finish, was excellent. The front desk clerk -- I wish I had gotten his name -- was friendly yet efficient and got us on our way to our room in less than five minutes. We welcomed this since we arrived at 9:30 p.m.

We found the room spotless, pleasingly contemporary, and well-furnished. A previous reviewer found the pillows flat, but I found them and the bed so comfortable, I didn't want to get up the next morning. Which gets me to the towels. Many hotels cheap out on the towels, providing ones that are too thin and/or too small to do much of anything in the way of drying off after a shower (nice big shower here, by the way). The towels here were oversized and thick enough to really dry off.

A couple of things to mention that don't take away from the rating but that I just want to include:
I don't know if the hotel is trying to be more ecologically friendly, but the light switches control an odd combination of lights. We have stayed in LEED-certified hotels, where you need to turn on a master switch first, etc., but in the Sheraton, for example, the hall light stayed on when the bathroom light was turned on.

Also, the water is EXTREMELY soft. It really just makes hanging onto the soap, shampoo bottle, razor, etc., in the shower extremely difficult. Maybe it's necessary for making the water potable, but I guess I always thought the Twin Cities had pretty decent drinking water.

That said, we enjoyed the room and service at the Sheraton St. Paul-Woodbury and would definitely stay there again if we come back to the area.

Room Tip: As with just about any place, book online at the hotel site for the best rate.
Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive and thorough review! It would look on the surface at the Sheraton St Paul Woodbury that we've been recently renovated but in fact we have a great team of employees who take great pride in keeping our Sheraton looking great.

Warms regards,

Chris Wroge

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodbury
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Paul-Woodbury
Hampton Inn Minneapolis/St. Paul-Woodbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Paul East
Residence Inn St. Paul Woodbury
Hilton Garden Inn St. Paul/Oakdale
Best Western Regency Plaza Hotel - St. Paul East

Been to Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel? Share your experiences!