“The Plaza in Winona is now on the top of our list of Winona hotels”

The Plaza Hotel & Suites
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Winona
Hanover, Minnesota
“The Plaza in Winona is now on the top of our list of Winona hotels”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We have stayed at several hotels in Winona while our daughter was attending college but were never able to get in at the Plaza. We recently celebrated her wedding in Winona and had a block of rooms at the Plaza for ourselves and guests. All the wedding guests that stayed at the Plaza had nothing but positive comments about their stay. From the grounds around the hotel to the lobby and rooms everything was well maintained and comfortable. The pool area was a big hit with those with children. We will most definitely try to stay there again should we find ourselves in the Winona area. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: We were on the backside of the hotel and it was very quiet and I can't speak to the rooms at the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CowboyMN
ThePlazaHotel, General Manager at The Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for choosing The Plaza Hotel and Suites in Winona for your daughter’s wedding guests! We’re always honored to be selected to be a part of such an important occasion in our guests’ lives. We’re glad that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for taking the time to send your kind compliments, your review has been passed on to the entire staff here!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
minnesota
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We booked a two room suite for one night for ourselves and our 3 sons and our son's girlfriend. The suite was quite roomy, and the rooms were nice and up to date. The front desk was very friendly and helpful. I did find a dirty coffee cup by the in-room coffee machine which was kind of gross but otherwise the rooms were pretty clean. We ate at the attached Green Mill for breakfast and were not impressed - understaffed and the buffet food was the quality of most hotels' free buffets. But overall a good hotel experience. If you need room for a good sized family, I would recommend the two-room suite - you can close the French doors and visit while others sleep.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank vhfam5
ThePlazaHotel, General Manager at The Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay. You have described our spacious and beautifully decorated family suite wonderfully, and I’m glad that it met your family’s needs. Our housekeeping staff strives for perfection everyday, and I do apologize for the coffee cup. Rest assured that I have already made appropriate corrections to prevent a similar situation from occurring. Your kind comments about our friendly front desk team have been shared with our staff members. We’re looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Have stayed there before and never had a bad experience, unless I stayed in the bar to long.
Got there early in the morning and met friends who stayed the evening before. I took a chance and asked if our room was available for early check in. The friendly clerk took a few minutes and to my surprise said yes. It was nice to put our MC luggage in our own room and freshen up before our day long ride. As usual the room was clean and well stocked and large enough for all of our belongings. (quiet sleeping) At check in each guest get's a $1.00 breakfast coupon and I would strongly urge you to use them. The breakfast is very good and Julie our waitress was great!
We will be there again next year!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank bba66
Thank you for your loyalty and positive feedback regarding your stays at the Plaza Hotel and Suites. The front desk staff makes every effort to accommodate our guest’s requests. When an early check in is available, we know those few extra hours in the room can help jump start your stay! Our dedicated housekeeping staff strives to make each stay exceptional, as well. We truly have an extraordinary team throughout the property; your kind comments will be shared with all team members. We’re looking forward to your next visit!
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel had one of the nicest indoor pools I've been at. It had a separate children's pool, a sauna, and whirlpool tub. The rooms were okay a little dated. The people at the front desk were extremely nice. The restaurant attached to the hotel was not a very good choice to eat at. Nice for convenience but not great flavor.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank 2TravelingLovers
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We are very proud of our large indoor water recreation area, it has something for kids of all ages! Children enjoy the zero depth entry kiddy pool with three animal slides and arcade game area. Adults have the opportunity to unwind in our relaxing hot tub, pool and sauna. We are looking forward to our future guest room and hotel updates, also. Thank you for sharing your constructive comments to help us create the best experiences for our guests.
Chicago
Reviewed August 5, 2013

A bad nights sleep at the Winona Americinn motel forced me to look elsewhere for a more comfortable mattress. I found it at the Plaza in addition to an above average staff and quality of room. I checked into my room at 9:00 a.m. after 'bailing out' of the other motel. I would recommend this motel highly and will stay there again when the need arises. The only areas that could be improved would be a complimentary breakfast and wifi access. They do provide a discount coupon at their restaurant for dinner and breakfast and I was able to connect with the adjacent Holiday Inn's wifi.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank drgoodhands
Timonium, Maryland
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We recently spent 4 nights at the hotel attending a family reunion in the area. We found the hotel property and the our family suite to be clean and well maintained. Likewise, the fitness room and indoor pool were kept spotless. The front desk staff were very courteous, pleasant and helpful.I spend between 50-60 nights on the road for both business and pleasure and believe that I have reasonable judgement when evaluating hotel properties.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sam K
New York
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Spent one night in this hotel. At first glance it seems like a nice place. Fairly large rooms. A giant 40 inch tv in the room plus a small tv in the rest room.
That TV set in the rest room didn't make sense to me. It was facing the wrong direction and while I tried to angle it better I discovered a hypodermic needle. I have seen all kinds of things in hotel rooms that I wish I didn't see. This was a first for me.
I called the front desk and the reaction I got was- we'll leave a note for the manager and the cleaning people to take care of it.
I checked the room again in the evening and the needle was still there. When I called again they said they don't have anybody right now to move it.
The general feeling I had is that this could be a nice hotel but it is very very under staffed. Very friendly staff but very slow service in both restaurant and bar as well.
Overall, not a terrible place but finding the hypodermic needle and the nonchalant reaction of the staff was too much of a turnoff

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank zermas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winona
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona
AmericInn Hotel & Conference Center La Crosse - Riverfront
The Charmant Hotel
The Charmant Hotel
#1 of 20 in La Crosse

Been to The Plaza Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!