“Nice hotel”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Winona
Buckeye, Arizona
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

This hotel is worth visiting. It gives you the feel of an older plush hotel with the fireplace in the lobby as well as several arm chairs and a large checkerboard. However, it is updated with large rooms and flat screen TVs. The staff is friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Just staying in this hotel on 10/20/2012. Upon arrival was given the wrong room that was booked. Had a two bedroom suite booked and was given a two bed queen standard room!! Then the room was full of boxelder bugs, which to some extent was acceptable given the time of year but this was out of control--in the bed, on the picture frames, in the bathroom sink, got into my kids clothing!! Left note for general manager Jensen (who did not return a phone call) and was told that it wasn't her fault there were bugs all over so basically suck it up!! A good $150.00 wasted on bugs and dirtyness!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Tiffany A
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel 3 times since August. The first time I found paper crumpled up behind the table by the bed. Not a big deal but I don't want to be reminded of who stayed here before. I went to take a bath and there was hair on the drain...blonde and brown. Gross. My personal credit card was also billed for the stay even though my work had already paid for the room. I called for a refund and the manager was pleasant but I did not have the refund after 10 days. I called again and it was processed immediately but I was told there was a glitch in the system. The second time I stayed was much more pleasant. The room was clean and the tv swiveled so I could see it from the bathtub. This last time I found a hair in the sheets. I tried to remove it but it was embedded in the sheet. I also found a hair in the bathtub.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank 2984
New Richmond, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Clean (ok, once we requested a different room it was clean, the first one smelled like smoke). Nothing the hotel can do except charge the previous guest and move on. A decent place to stay. I didn't use any of the amenities, so I am won't comment on them. The age of the rooms is showing, but it is sufficient to spend a night or two in.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank osegardm
Howard Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed August 27, 2012

If you could rate this on this website as a zero they would be 10 points below that or maybe even more. We stayed one night, our hotel room was a ridiculous price.. $144. I can't believe we wasted a 144 dollars on a room that smelt like someone had died in it. There was hair in the bathroom, stains all over the carpet,hair on our sheets, the bed was hard, the pillows were lumpy and the walls were covered in spills of some sort. I can only hope it was pop, atleast that's what we told ourselves so we could get some rest. The service was terrible the restaurant was disgusting. The man at the counter was a jerk, he didn't even care. You couldn't pay me to go back to this dump. I should have listed to my husband and we should have stayed at the MOTEL next door. Oh and by the way there's no continental breakfast but you get a 1 off coupon to eat at the dirty restaurant attached. "You're welcome!". >>>> DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL<<<<<<

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Crystal949
Minnesota
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed here when taking daughter to college. Good value. Restaurant on site which was a plus. Would stay again. Wish they had a college visit rate however. Some hotels in the area offer that. Definitely will be a factor when we cone to see her again.

• Stayed August 2012
Des Moines, IA
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were there for a huge local event, so the hotel was crowded. The front desk was prepared and everything went smoothly there. The rooms are nice and clean and updated. The hotel restaurant had good food, but they seemed overwhelmed by the crowd. Our supper took a long time to be delivered. They opened the restaurant early for us, which was great. I was in the first party seated and things moved quickly and smoothly. People who were there earlier said they were understaffed and overwhelmed. To be fair, I know the crowd had some troublemakers in it - when a restaurant is busy and you have people asking the staff for gluten-free, lactose-free, no salt, no dairy, etc. That's too much! They were also maybe glad to see us leave. Overall, they handled it well and the delay at supper was actually sort of nice because we didn't have anything else to do but sit and visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winona
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona
#1 of 20 in La Crosse
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,460 reviews
GrandStay Hotel & Suites La Crosse
AmericInn Hotel & Conference Center La Crosse - Riverfront

Been to The Plaza Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!