“Pleasant staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Days Inn Winona

Days Inn Winona
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Winona

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
West Palm Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

The manager of the Winona hotel is a great elopement. She always goes out of her way to make sure your visit is accommodating. She is always kind to her guests. The night clerk in the evening always has a smile and greeting for you when you come into the hotel. I think she irks the 3-11:00 shift. She always makes use of her time or example olding hotl laundry.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

SPRING VALLEY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Hotel staff was awesome here. Rooms somewhat small but we were only there to sleep. Price was good. Neat and clean. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Upon trying to make reservations, I was told I had to pay a $25.00 non-refundable charge just to make a reservation. I make 30-40 nights of reservations per year all over the country and NEVER have had that happen. After calling ALL of the other local hotels only to find they were booked, I swallowed my bile and paid the reservation fee. I needed to hold three rooms on my card to be paid on arrival by the occupants of the rooms. They insisted I either make the reservations on each individuals cards or pay for all of the rooms UP FRONT on my card, and it would be non-refundable! They also insisted on a 7day cancellation, but not if I had put all rooms on my card at which point there would be no cancellation.
Upon checking in, my party was rudely informed that the entire stay would be charged immediately, not daily. We also had an add-on into one of the rooms that they chose to charge us for, so she had to move into another room to avoid charges.
There is a reason that EVERY OTHER hotel in town was booked. The service here is lousy. We will never stay here again, in fact we would rather miss the event than stay at Days Inn Winona. I can't believe that they are allowed to charge this way and that corporate is OK with it.
And personally after reading other reviews I don't care that they have the "Chairman's Award", I obviously stands for poor service and shoddy accomodations.

Room Tip: Avoid at all cost!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Spring Valley, Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed here overnight for a wedding. The room was small but clean. The manager/owner was pleasant and went out of her way to make sure breakfast went well- waffles, coffee cake, sausage & biscuits along with the usual items. I feel it was reasonably priced and would stay there again. It suited our needs of a place to sleep.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor facing away from the highway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
MADISON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

great visit. Please see my other comments. I don't like to be forced to write more when I don't have more to say.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Winona
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona
Express Suites Riverport Conference and Event Center
The Plaza Hotel & Suites
Prairie Inn and Suites
Super 8 Winona MN
Super 8 Winona MN
#5 of 7 in Winona
Alexander Mansion Bed & Breakfast

Been to Days Inn Winona? Share your experiences!