“Great food!!”
Review of Green Mill

Green Mill
Ranked #9 of 87 Restaurants in Winona
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We ate here as we were staying at The Plaza hotel. We went down for dinner on a Thursday night to find a 40 minute wait. We put our names down and said we would go back to our room and wait. We went back down about 30 minutes later and were seated immediately. We ordered our dinner; the kids each ordered a kids pizza, my husband had wings and fries and I had the Chicken Parmesan. My meal came with a salad and I had my husband help me eat it. Very good but it was almost the size of a half a head of lettuce!

While we were waiting for our meals to come out my youngest daughter said something cut her foot and I looked down under the table to find a handheld drain auger under the table. My husband got up and kicked it out from under the table where he found another one as well. We told our waitress when she came back and she got the manager right away and they picked them up.

Then our food came. WOW! Our kids each had a pizza that was huge. We tried it and it was excellent. Our oldest who loves pizza couldn't eat more than 2 pieces it was that large. All 3 kids could have shared one pizza! My husband had the wings and he said they were good. I am picky on my food as I never cook frozen food or meals, everything is fresh. Even my spaghetti sauces are homemade. The chicken parmesan was EXCELLENT! Even my husband commented on how good it was.

Our meal came to just over $43 and after our coupons from the hotel we ate for $23. A great deal if you are staying at the hotel. We also left with a $5 gift card for the following morning for the inconvience.

The next morning we went back and the kids had the cinamon french toast and they loved it. My husband and I each had the green mill breakfast and it was very good. Our bill was just under $30 but after coupons and the gift card we ate for $9.

The prices are steep especially for breakfast but we would eat here again, especially if we were staying at the hotel.

Reviewed July 20, 2011

When trying to decide where to eat during our recent visit to Winona, I read off the list of Trip Advisor's top rated restaurants to a local resident, and she recommended the Green Mill over the ones that were rated more highly. I'm glad she did! The parking was plentiful, the location was convenient, the service was great, the menu was extensive, the Walleye Pike was fork tender, the carrots and new potatoes were seasoned well and delicious, the soup was tasty, and our table mates enjoyed their pasta dish and salads. And we didn't feel rushed to vacate our booth as we sat talking for over an hour into the evening. The hostess even helped us by taking our photos out front! So, despite the previous bad reviews, I would recommend that you try the Green Mill again!

1  Thank TexasMomTW
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Salad was soggy... steak was chewy.... bread wasn't baked all the way though... baked potatoes were not done... corn tasted like it had freezer burn... great glass of wine - should of had 2!! And the place just smells bad... very musty!

Reviewed January 31, 2011

I had a new sandwich with chicken and havarti cheese and it was DELISH! The service was good too, so I would definitely come back to this Green Mill.

Reviewed August 28, 2010

It was late in the day and we were very hungry. We were seated right away. We waited a long time (at least 30 minutes) before our waiter came to our table to ask if we wanted anything to drink. We ordered drinks and dinner at the same time since we didn't know if we had to wait another 30 minutes or so to order dinner. We understood he knew we were not happy with the long wait. It was a weekday, late in the day (after 7:30pm) and the restaurant was not busy. There were many empty tables. More time passes, we did not get bread or water. He finally came out with our non-water drinks. Still no bread or water. The food runner came out with our dinner. Still no bread or water. The food was average. I had the lobster and shrimp linguini. After dinner, the waiter finally came out with the bread basket. The water never came. We don't need the bread at this time, dinner was over. He was so rude when we've asked for the bill to be separately charged.. He came back out many times to question us how to separate the bill after we clearly state that our bills was to be separated by his and hers. He didn't remember what my husband ordered. He didn't remember what I ordered or who ordered the appitizer. I cannot believe my husband left him a tip anyway. I would not have left him a penny. The waiter was terrible. The next day, we had better service at Culvers. We have eaten at this location before and it was not the first time we had bad service, 3 out of 5 was enough to tip us over the top. We will not be returning.