“Always great food”

Golden China Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 88 Restaurants in Winona
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Always a smile and hello when I walk in-and the food is beyond yummy-great great food-and service-keep it up-always bring new comers to your place.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Been there, done that! That's just about how we would sum up our last visit (on Holy Saturday) to this restaurant, which is just a feeble shadow of its former self. Overall, the food was rather on the bland side and even the oil chilli-paste could not do much to help. The fact that there were just six guests at about 7:30 in the evening just about speaks for itself. However, the young lady servicing our table was pretty pleasant. I do not believe we are going back again!

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Dined at Golden China for lunch and had one of their specials. Could not beat the price for the amount of food. Although, the fragrant beef did not seem to have much spice as it was stated in the menu. There was no one else in the restaurant so the service was quick. Overall, my experience was pleasant and would probably dine here again.

1  Thank Nicholas A
Reviewed October 12, 2013

You never know when trying a new restaurant if you are going to like the cuisine, especially if it is not American. I love authentic Asian food and this restaurant fits the bill! We had a wonderful meal that was so generous that I had two meals as I had to take 1/2 home! I had the Moo-Shu chicken and it was one of the best I have had. Most menus don't even carry it, so I was very impressed. Great sit down restauarant, not an all you can eat buffet, which is so nice for a change. The service is excellent with friendly staff whom is more than happy to help. The prices were out of the world for the amount of food and quality. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone and it would be worth an hour's drive or so to go there. It is easy to find and an easy trip from LaCrosse or Red Wing, MN. Beautiful drive on the Mississippi to get there as an added bonus.

1  Thank Jane R