“Gourmet American cuisine in a local space”
Review of Boat House

Boat House
Ranked #12 of 87 Restaurants in Winona
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2014

My wife and I have been more than a few times in the last year or so. Some of the menu staples are always good, like a huge juicy hamburger or the fish and chips. But, the daily specials are always outstanding. This last visit I had Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict … yep, and it was awesome.
They have drinks specials as well to go with their wine selection if that is your choice.
There is something for everyone and sitting on the deck over looking the Mississippi River just adds to the conversation and unique menu. It is well worth the trip.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

We ate here because of tripadvisor reviews. We liked the atmosphere and the food was mostly good. They were having stuffed morels as a special the night we came. Those were a bit heavy on the cheese filling but tasty. We tried the ribs and they were tough and the meat was hard to find. We loved their fish and chips and if we ever eat here again it is what we will have.

The one thing that disappointed me terribly is that I told the waitress that my potatoes tasted, literally, like dirt. She just said OK and walked away to get our bill. No apology, no offer to change or fix it.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

The food is very good, with lots of unique choices, Our bill ended up being around $50 for two, so great for a special occasion, but not for every day. I would recommend it for the food and the view. Great view of the Mississippi River. Sit on the deck if you can.

Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Took almost 2 hours to get our food for a party of 10. Service was really slow to get drinks as well. Hamburgers were over done. Pasta dish was ordered with sauce on the side but was told when the dish was delivered to our table that the sauce cannot be on the side.

2  Thank Andrew H
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Pretty cool little restaurant with good food. Boathouse Lucy burger stuffed with cheese curds is a good choice. Would come back.

1  Thank WIBuckeye

Been to Boat House? Share your experiences!