“Winona Stay”

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was for family coming to our wedding. I wanted to pay for the room with the card I reserved it with. Staff said no problem but took money from family members anyway. Undermined what I was trying to do for family completely!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I was a tad weary upon arrival, as there was a slight sewage-y smell in the foyer. However, by the time I returned a few hours later, it was fine. I loved the location (check out the awesome antique store right next door!), as it was close enough to downtown, shopping, and the highway. Bed was comfy, room was clean. Breakfast wasn't too extensive but whatever; I'm not picky.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2013

On a long-distance road trip this past weekend my wife and needed a place to stay in Winona late Saturday night. We figured we'd give the Super 8 a "shot." I'd never stayed at a Super 8 before, although I'd heard they'd improved. Well, let me tell you – this place is damn nice! Most "good" chains are cracking $100/night now. We stayed here for sightly over $70 (AAA discount). The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom and shower were great, and the flat screen television got some good channels. What else is there to ask for on an overnight crash? The people working there were really sweet too. I wish I could comment on the breakfast, but I couldn't get up in time. I will note, though, that the breakfast room looked quite good. Plain and simple, we were lucky to get the last room available that night. Make no mistake about it, this is not a 5-star hotel. But for value? It's 5 stars all the way. I was extremely impressed. Based on this lovely and reasonably-priced hotel, I will give Super 8 another "go" the next time I hit the road.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Travelers also viewed these Winona hotels
Days Inn Winona
Days Inn Winona
#6 of 7 in Winona
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Winona
Express Suites Riverport Conference and Event Center
The Plaza Hotel & Suites
Alexander Mansion Bed & Breakfast

Been to Super 8 Winona MN? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Winona MN

Address: 1025 Sugar Loaf Rd, Junction of 61/14/43, Winona, MN 55987-4125 (Formerly Nichols Inn)
Location: United States > Minnesota > Winona
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Wheelchair access
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Winona
Price Range: $61 - $115 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Winona MN 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Super 8 Winona MN reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Nichols Hotel Winona