“Great food and awesome service!”
Review of Timbers Restaurant - CLOSED

Timbers Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I am particular about the way staff treats customers at restaurants and I LOVE this place. The young girl who was our waitress had about 6 tables on a Monday afternoon...she was really hopping around and was so so smiley and accomodating! I had the club wrap and my daughter had the chicken fingers and fries sharing with her grandma. The chicken and the ranch dip were my daughters favorite she ever had on a trip. We were all starving but my food was so tasty and well seasoned and the lemonade rocked! Our chicken fingers plate as served on a frisbee with the reataurants name on it which we were able to take as a souveneer!
We had asked at our hotel where to eat and this place never got mentioned....we found it driving around and were so so glad!!!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I called the Timbers while staying at a hotel in the area. The girl took my order accurately and the food was delivered to our room quickly and surprisingly was still hot! The food was quite good.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

The menu is tired and predictable - only bright spot is the elk burger. Really weird method for paying your bill - there is no hostess or other person to man the register. Each wait person has to collect her/his own payments, make change, etc. They also seem to be doing prep work.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We visited on Friday, June 7, 2013 at about 12:45 pm. The appearance is tired and worn. The clientele is mostly senior citizens. My wife at 53 was by far the youngest person in the restaurant.

The food is very average. Given the 1/3 full restaurant during the noon hour, I have to guess that the majority of the food is frozen and then fried or reheated as the small numbers of diners probably could not sustain a place that would cook from scratch. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but again, this is average American small town fare. The menu is varied, but questionable as to the freshness, in my opinion.

So...I ordered a Chef Salad. I will admit that the lettuce was fresh and cold. The meats were simply sliced processed cold cuts and there was no egg in the salad. The croutons were soggy and flavorless. The French dressing was food service grade and forgettable. My wife had the lunch buffet which was typical small town cafe style with multiple canned vegetables, whipped potatoes, etc.
No need to return for average.

1  Thank Steve0315
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I went to Timbers with a friend on Memorial Day. We came specifically for their Monday special...the goulash. We can't usually come on a Monday but because it was a holiday we were both able to be there. We were both looking forward to the goulash but they didn't have it...no explanation or apology...just "no" we don't have it. I then asked for the belgian waffle and was told they only served it until 11 AM. I told the waitress that the menu said they served them until 1 PM. I was served one but the waitress was not pleased. I asked for more butter but never got it. It was a disappointing experience. I remember many visits in the past where the food was good and the service was friendly. This visit was neither. It was more about what I couldn't get than what I had. Of course I'll give them another chance on some future Monday because every place has an off day.