“Average food and ambiance”
Review of Timbers Restaurant - CLOSED

Timbers Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We visited on Friday, June 7, 2013 at about 12:45 pm. The appearance is tired and worn. The clientele is mostly senior citizens. My wife at 53 was by far the youngest person in the restaurant.

The food is very average. Given the 1/3 full restaurant during the noon hour, I have to guess that the majority of the food is frozen and then fried or reheated as the small numbers of diners probably could not sustain a place that would cook from scratch. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but again, this is average American small town fare. The menu is varied, but questionable as to the freshness, in my opinion.

So...I ordered a Chef Salad. I will admit that the lettuce was fresh and cold. The meats were simply sliced processed cold cuts and there was no egg in the salad. The croutons were soggy and flavorless. The French dressing was food service grade and forgettable. My wife had the lunch buffet which was typical small town cafe style with multiple canned vegetables, whipped potatoes, etc.
No need to return for average.

1  Thank Steve0315

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I went to Timbers with a friend on Memorial Day. We came specifically for their Monday special...the goulash. We can't usually come on a Monday but because it was a holiday we were both able to be there. We were both looking forward to the goulash but they didn't have it...no explanation or apology...just "no" we don't have it. I then asked for the belgian waffle and was told they only served it until 11 AM. I told the waitress that the menu said they served them until 1 PM. I was served one but the waitress was not pleased. I asked for more butter but never got it. It was a disappointing experience. I remember many visits in the past where the food was good and the service was friendly. This visit was neither. It was more about what I couldn't get than what I had. Of course I'll give them another chance on some future Monday because every place has an off day.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Enjoyed a nice lunch at Timbers while visiting our daughter at WSU. Very good service and pleasant atmosphere. Wife enjoyed Soup/Salad bar, daughter enjoyed fish dinner, son had pulled pork, and I had a hot beef sandwich, smothered in gravy. Very good! Prices are reasonable.

1  Thank KampOC
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I stumbled into Timbers for an early breakfast, and was quite happy with service, portions and taste. The waitress was very friendly and did ok keeping my Diet Pepsi full.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I had a walleye sandwich, my sister had a chicken salad and my mother had liver and onions. We all thought our food was very good. The restaurant decor is just very average and so is the menu. I took a peak at the salad bar and that was all pretty typical for a small town too. Probably the most exciting thing is that they had liver and onions on the menu, my mother's favorite thing, and something you don't see on many menus anymore.
The service was slow. It was a Saturday afternoon during peak fall color and the restaurant was busy.