“Large and fun”
Review of Sugar Loaf

Sugar Loaf
Ranked #11 of 37 things to do in Winona
More attraction details
Owner description: Eighty-five foot tall limestone mountain located on a 400-foot bluff.
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We love to go shopping for antiques and found a couple wonderful, good buys here. One item, was so large, we thought it might not fit in our vehicle, but the folks helped us carry it out, not even knowing for sure we'd buy it. It fit, and we bought it! A nice place to spend a couple hours!

1  Thank Chris R

Reviewed July 3, 2012

I've never been up to Sugar Loaf, but used to have an apartment right across from it during my WSU years. It's the most prominent local landmark in Winona, and it's fun to look at in the evening when it is illuminated. If you can find your way up there, I've heard it is climbable, but I've never tried (I'm clumsy and every so often someone falls off, with predicatable bad results).

2  Thank Kery E
Reviewed February 26, 2012

You can see this from mile away...it's what is left after they had mined the top of this hill.

2  Thank aerete
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Sugar loaf is a beautiful area. Again, free. Don't have money? This is good exercise without hitting the pocket book.

1  Thank jlttks111
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I grew up with it. The bluff is a landmark that overlooks Lake Winona which use to be part of the Mississippi River. It is still an impressive sight.

1  Thank Surfside10