Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona
$125
$130
$125
$79
All reviewsparking lotpancake machinenewer hotelnice selectioncinnamon rollsturkey sausagemagnifying mirrorfirm and soft pillowshot tubroom was spaciouswould stay here againkiddie poolfree breakfastking suiteregular poolin townlight sleeper
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Having stayed at a number of hotels in the area, this one for now would be our favorite. Pricier but worth it. Comfortable beds. Nice breakfast in the morning. Would recommend to stay here, we will again when visiting the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The Holiday Inn Express is obviously one of the newest properties in Winona. The room was quiet and very clean. The suite had 2 separate sleeping areas all with queen beds. There's also a sitting area with a pull-out couch.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Cant really fault it new flat screen tv's, excellent location and clean and friendly good breakfast also just across from the hotel is the Green Mill restaurant which will deliver to your room and the food was great.

Room Tip: Dont forget to eat at the Green Mill restaurant.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I had a nice stay here. Located right across from Sugar Loaf Bluff and near 43 & 61. Also located not far from the Equestrian Centre. The room was comfortable, nice large screen TV and one located in the bathroom was a nice touch. Room was clean and I chose a non-smoking room. The hotel does allow pets but unfortunately charges a $25/night fee which is outrageous considering the room is over-priced for the area. The free breakfast was just okay. Scrambled eggs and pancakes are available but no sausage or bacon. Orange juice was very watery and I was unable to drink it. Lots of grassy area for your dog but beware, many people do not pick up after their pets eventhough plastic bags are kept in supply.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tom L
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This is a newer Holiday Inn Express - the rooms are large and spacious. Not large enough for a king bed and sofa along the same wall but certainly room enough for a comfy upholstered chair and large nightstands on either side of the bed. The linens were soft - I was disappointed that the pillows (both hard and soft) were fiberfill as this meant I had to go to the car to grab my down pillow that I drag with me on most trips just in case. The AC was set to 65 and the room was nice and cool when we arrived. Also, the unit is positioned so that no cold air blew on my face - I hate when that happens. The room had a very large flat screen TV positioned on the dresser that could be swiveled as needed. The room had a microwave and refrigerator and, as other quests have noted, a small flat screen TV mounted to the back wall in the bathroom. I wish the TV had been mounted on the opposite wall because I'd have loved to watch the TV while soaking in the tub. However, to do that I would have had to sit with my back to the faucet - that is not how I like to lounge in a tub!!

This hotel must order large quantities of USA Todays. When I checked in Saturday night I discovered that the hotel was full and they were waiting for me to arrive as they had been holding my room (there was a swim meet that weekend). Even with the hotel full they still had about 20 copies of the USA Today from Friday. I appreciated seeing the papers since I had not picked one up at the place I had previously stayed (a disappointing stay in Ashland, WI).

My husband used the fitness equipment - they had quality Life Fitness equipment to include an elliptical machine and a recumbent bicycle. There was WIFI in the room - I mention this because the last three places I stayed (one of them a very expensive resort) only had wired internet in the guest rooms.

Breakfast was OK - sausage gravy and scrambled eggs were tasty. I had to toss the watery OJ and the coffee was very weak. I wish they had a bold and mild choice as weak coffee just doesn't get the day off to the best start. Fortunately there is a McDonald's nearby.

You get what you pay for with this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple