“Usually Very Good”

Ranked #4 of 87 Restaurants in Winona
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 10, 2011

. I eat at Bub's once a month, my wife and I wanted a nice night out. Always had a good experience with Bub's. Changes have occurred. We had early supper, very few customer in the restaurant, had to flag waitress from talking to another waitress. They talked the during our meal, (15 feet away) somebody was not happy. The hamburger was not done, the meat wasn't even sold,( Loose hamburger, I am a full meal guide, leave nothing, I could not take it) . The real cook must come in later. I had to flag the waitress for the bill, took the bartender away from his friends to pay the bill. No words and out the door we went.

5  Thank Canton928

Reviewed September 12, 2011

My nephew and his fiance wanted a casual place to do their rehearsal dinner. His fiance and her co-workers eat at Bub's often so they felt it was a good choice. Their menu choice of course was what everyone ate....Lasagna!! We were astounded at the great service and quickly understood why the place was such a favorite!

The owner created a wonderful lasagna and pasta dinner. It started with salad, bread, pasta with a white sauce, and lasagna. We had wine with the dinner. It ended with bars my sister had brought in from her local bakery. It was just perfect. Plenty of good food, a nice setting that encouraged the families to mingle and we all enjoyed it. We will return to eat here again on our own the next time we're in the area.

1  Thank MNIrishcream
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Bub's has been a college eating staple of mine for 4 years. The food is good, beer is not to spendy and the service is just fine. Overall I would recommend eating here for a quick bite or if you want to catch a sports game while sitting at a table.

Get the cheese curds, nothing to special but they are good!

1  Thank toby16custom
Reviewed May 11, 2011

My boyfriend is from Winona & I every time we're there to visit, we make sure to eat at Bub's. Everything I've ever ordered has been really good. The burgers are awesome! There is free, buttery popcorn while you wait (in case you're really hungry). Bub's is a wonderful spot that we will continue to come back to, year after year. Very friendly, attentive service.

1  Thank KristinHodorowski
Reviewed May 10, 2011

Met my mom and sisters there on Saturday, May 7 for lunch. It was pretty busy, and the service was pretty good. I ordered the Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich with fries. Their sandwiches come with chips, so adding the fries cost extra. The fries were the standard frozen crinkle type fries. Nothing special whatsoever. The sandwich was a total surprise. I've ordered many Philly sandwiches, and never was one made like this. It was made on a standard, cheap small hamburger bun, untoasted, and the cheese was a slice of processed cheddar -- the kind that comes wrapped individually in cellophane. I didn't see any green peppers or onions either. The flavor was OK, but it certainly wasn't what I was expecting. The cost of the sandwich & fries was $10 -- a little high in my opinion considering the size & presentation. I would go back if someone suggested meeting there, but probably wouldn't choose it myself.