“Just a place to grab some grub”

Bub's Brewing Company
Ranked #4 of 87 Restaurants in Winona
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Bub's has been a college eating staple of mine for 4 years. The food is good, beer is not to spendy and the service is just fine. Overall I would recommend eating here for a quick bite or if you want to catch a sports game while sitting at a table.

Get the cheese curds, nothing to special but they are good!

1  Thank toby16custom

Reviewed May 11, 2011

My boyfriend is from Winona & I every time we're there to visit, we make sure to eat at Bub's. Everything I've ever ordered has been really good. The burgers are awesome! There is free, buttery popcorn while you wait (in case you're really hungry). Bub's is a wonderful spot that we will continue to come back to, year after year. Very friendly, attentive service.

1  Thank KristinHodorowski
Reviewed May 10, 2011

Met my mom and sisters there on Saturday, May 7 for lunch. It was pretty busy, and the service was pretty good. I ordered the Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich with fries. Their sandwiches come with chips, so adding the fries cost extra. The fries were the standard frozen crinkle type fries. Nothing special whatsoever. The sandwich was a total surprise. I've ordered many Philly sandwiches, and never was one made like this. It was made on a standard, cheap small hamburger bun, untoasted, and the cheese was a slice of processed cheddar -- the kind that comes wrapped individually in cellophane. I didn't see any green peppers or onions either. The flavor was OK, but it certainly wasn't what I was expecting. The cost of the sandwich & fries was $10 -- a little high in my opinion considering the size & presentation. I would go back if someone suggested meeting there, but probably wouldn't choose it myself.

Reviewed November 8, 2010

My kids and I love to go to Bub's to eat and hang out. The kids like the big TV screens to watch sports on. We also enjoy the free popcorn while we wait for our food. Service is always friendly, accurate and prompt. My favorite food item they have is the Italian burger, while the kids stick to their usual chicken fingers and chips, with root beer. :) Sometimes the floor can be a bit messy with popcorn and misc., but it is a bar so I wouldn't expect completely spotless floors. My least favorite thing is their bathrooms. They are old and don't leave a sanitary feeling, although they are not filthy either. This is one of my favorite local places to have a burger and hang out.

Reviewed July 30, 2009

Free popcorn, sports bar atmosphere.... food is good and a great value too.

Been to Bub's Brewing Company? Share your experiences!