“Nice Little Place”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Willmar
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Willmar
Reviewed September 13, 2008

I was in town to watch a football game, and just needed a place that well located and clean. This was just the place. I admit to having a soft spot for Country Inns & Suites, and I stay in they when ever I can, so this was my top choice in town.

Check in was fast, with the lady at the desk finding me a room that was ready as I arrived before the posted check in time. The room was lovely and included fast inernet, a small fridge and microwave, always a plus when your on the road. There was a desk in the room and a nice chair. The king size bed was very comfortable.

Only compalnts I have is that the heating unit in the was loud, and that nice chair although very clean had a blood stain on the arm. I'm guessing the stain may be why the usual foot stool was missing.

Still I have to give the place a high rating over all. Oh and this Country Inn had something I haven't seen in any other yet, a pantry where you can get those little snacks to make it through the night.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank vtmom13

Reviewed July 12, 2008

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. Their staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms clean and spacious, and the pool/jacuzzi is terrific. We had friends who stayed at the Holiday Inn the same weekend and Country Inn and Suites was definitely superior in every area. It's a winner!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Pix56
Reviewed August 21, 2007

Country Inn and Suites in Willmar is a joke!! My husband and I reserved a room for 3 nights and drove over 100 miles to stay there for a short vacation. We were denied our reservation because we did not have a credit card with money on it so we had to turn around and drive all the way back home. All we wanted was a place to sleep and relax for our vacation. I wouldn't recommend this motel to anyone.

Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank granni4651
Reviewed June 18, 2007

The pool and slide area are the highlight. The kids went down the slide about a million times. Caution - the hours the slide is open are limited and posted. The pool had a basketball hoop and was shaped like a lazy river (windy). The hot tub was big too.

Breakfast was good. Waffles, hard boiled eggs, continental standard fare.

Little extras like cookies in the lobby and books for free. There was also a small snack-for-purchase area in addition to vending.

Within walking distance from Wal-mart and Target and places to eat. Easy access to highway.

Rollaway for $5 was a great deal (plenty of room for it). Kids fought to sleep there. Maybe that's because the beds and pillows were on the hard side, but it's a hotel, not home. Room had a microwave and small fridge.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank JenniHein
Reviewed December 23, 2006

My husband stays at hotels all over the US on a weekly basis. Our experience at the Country Inn & Suites in Willmar was great! The person at the front desk made us feel comfortable and welcome. When we thought that our suite smelled like cigarette smoke, she agreed and moved us to a new room immediately without question - and made it seem like it was not a bother at all! She gets an A+++ and would be welcome at the Waldorf Astoria in NYC in a second! She always had a smile on her face for us and even carried our baby, who doesn't always go to strangers, up to the room! Great service! Would recommend in a second!!!!!

Stayed: December 2006
1  Thank heathermMpls
A TripAdvisor Member
St. Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 22, 2005

Willmar seems like a nice town, with good lodging. During a recent business trip I stayed at the Country Inn & Suites in town and was pleased with most everything it had to offer.

The front desk seemed frazzled but able. The rooms were large and most importantly, clean. The bed was comfy. The frig and microwave in the room were well kept and useful. The shower was adequate; there was hot water and decent water pressure. Good selection of TV channels. The walls were thick, meaning little to no outside noise (at least not on the second floor). I have no complaints about the room.

The hotel is newer and located at the start of town with a Target, Wal-mart, Home Depot and Applebee’s basically on its lot.

If I had a complaint it would be: The woman at the front desk asked my coworker and I if the second floor was ok, we said yes no biggie, then after several minutes spent looking for the elevator, we were told there was no elevator, but there was a nice wooden staircase to take us up to the second floor. Mother of &@%!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 18, 2004

We had a lovely stay at this beautiful hotel. The rooms were very spacious. We had two queen beds, plus a pull-out sofa. I love the fact that you can open the windows and get fresh air. So many hotels have windows bolted shut. The fridge in the room was a convenience.

The lobby is more like a Vermont Inn than a Minnesota hotel. A charming, hardwood staircase climbs gracefully to the second floor. A cozy fireplace is tucked at its foot.

The complimentary breakfast hit the spot. Cereals, muffins, bagels, toast, juices, coffee, tea, hot chocolate. The breakfast room was clean and neat.

The whole hotel was Minnesota spick-and span.

We didn't have time to try the pool, but it looked attractive with a fancy waterslide.

Hotel location is great, too. Adjacent to the highway exit, with a Target and Cub right down the street. Lots of restaurants in the area, too.

We would definitely go back if our travels take us to Willmar again.

8  Thank DisneyWorlders
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willmar
Best Western Plus Willmar
#7 of 8 in Willmar
Spicer Castle Inn
Spicer Castle Inn
#1 of 1 in Spicer

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Willmar? Share your experiences!