“Got Ripped Off!!”
Review of AmericInn Willmar

AmericInn Willmar
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Willmar
Reviewed August 31, 2010

Requested two non-smoking rooms and got zero. One was so bad they agreed no one could stay there, but no other room was available so we had to go somewhere else. This is when the Asst Manager decided NOT to refund our payment for both rooms. This is a high school swim team and a Coach and we could not leave the team alone.

Chris J. Leinen
Director of Business Services
Bemidji School District #31
218-333-3125

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank BemidjiChris

Reviewed April 22, 2010

I stayed one night while I visited Willmar with friends. While this hotel did not impress me, it delivered to my expectations. I secured a reasonable rate with an AAA discount. I got a clean room and a good night sleep. I could hear my neighbors through the wall until about 1AM. The room was not large, but just fine for me. I was pleasantly surprised at the nice flat-screen TV in the room. The only problem I encountered was a very slow drain in the shower. The front desk staff was efficient, if not friendly. The breakfast had the typical toast, cereal, coffee, juice and donuts.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 19, 2010

I called the Americinn hotel in Willmar, MN on April 15th at 1:24pm.
I asked how much a room with 2 beds would be.
I was told they had a king with a queen pull out bed available for 64.99 a night for April 16th and 17th.
I said great I will take it, I also have a coupon from willmar coupons I printed off online from midmncoupons.com,

They asked for me to read the entirety of this coupon so I did.

I clarified twice that the room is 64.99 the first night and 1/2 price as stated on the coupon the second night, they confirmed.
They gave me a confirmation number #270673, they said they would note my account that I will be bringing the print out of the coupon to check in.

I arrived April 15th at 3:12pm I gave the man behind the counter him my credit card, Military ID, and coupon.
He told me I cannot use this coupon for a room rate of 64.99. I told him that is fine but that he should understand and know that when I called and asked how much a room was I was told it was 64.99 when I told them my coupon info I was told that it was fine and applied.

He responded that he did not care what they told me. He said it is 80.00 and second night half off 80.00. I needed a room so I was going to accept this abrupt price changing even though it was dubious. He was very discourteous in asking several times if I understand what he was saying. Finally having enough abuse I said I was trying to decide if I wanted to inform the attorney general's office about his actions and handling of the situation, he replied "I do not care who you tell I own this hotel if you do not like it leave" I let him know one more time what his employees told me and if he does not like what they said or did then he needs to be training them better instead of being uncivil.

Never once was I offered an apology for his employee's mistakes or an apology in general.
I was only offered hostility, belittling, and boorish behavior.

I went to Comfort Inn and they gave me the price Americinn promised.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Bunniez
Reviewed February 17, 2010

Being a MN native and staying at several Americinns in Alexandria, Bemidji, and others my girlfriend and I didn't hesitate to reserve this room for a one night getaway in Willmar. Reservation & check in at 2pm were seamless with no problems.

It was upon entering the room that my girlfriend and I were shocked at the horrificly strong smell of smoke. Upon closer examination the beadspread had several burn holes in it and the 1970's cloth recliner also had several burn holes and reminence of some previous guests hair tatterred around it. I am a light smoker and am usually not bothered by the smell but this was outlandish. My nonsmoker girlfriend had to leave the room immediately.

Anyways back to the counter to see if we could get a different room but to no avail - sold out. After not being in the room for more than a few minutes we asked for a refund due to the unsuitable conditions of the room. It was here that a got a true taste of the customer service from the Indian gentleman that refused to give us any refund, he offered us air fresheners... lol.

So we ended up going just down the road to the Holiday Inn and had a normal pleasant stay. I say second worst hotel experience because one time in Miami I found a used condom under my pillow... it's hard to top that one.

Bottom line for us insuitable room, no refund, never again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gymkhana
Reviewed February 17, 2008

24 hour pool was nice. Rooms were a little outdated. Not much for curb appeal but no major problems throughout the stay which is always nice.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 19, 2007

My niece booked outrthree night stay nd neglected to ask for a Senior Discount for our room. After checking in, we noticed that the motel offered this discount, so inquired at the desk and were told it would be taken care of. On checking out, there was no discount given. We inquired about this and the woman in charge (a different person) said it was too late, and had to be arranged at the time of the reservation. This is a relatively small amount ($25), but feel management should be consistent, and have never before been refused an advertised special. I wrote both the Willmar Inn and the Americinn International, and received no reply. Felt the room was overpriced, discount or not, as the breakfast was poor and the pool was very murky.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank tugmanCrowder_OK
A TripAdvisor Member
Bloomington, MN
Reviewed August 30, 2005

Great place for families with kids that don't want to go to sleep...the pool is open all night! The free high speed internet is great, they don't force you to get a password or go through some bogus website to surf the net. They also have a free computer to use in the lobby, and I'm actually writing this from the lobby as I watch my kids swim. The rooms are clean but do need to be updated, the manager told me it will be remodeled sometime this year. Breakfast area is smaller than some other Americinns, but they do offer cereal and toast so my kids won't just eat the donuts which is nice.
Overall I think this is the best modest priced motel in Willmar...the staf is very friendly. I will surely stay here next time I'm in Willmar.

• Stayed: August 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willmar
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Willmar
#7 of 8 in Willmar
No photo provided
Cozy Inn
#4 of 8 in Willmar

Been to AmericInn Willmar? Share your experiences!