“Fabulous place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Willmar
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Fabulous place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

Enjoyed the 3 days stay with friendly staff,warm breakfast, free high speed wireless in rooms as well as lobby, specially the manager is very good he gave discount as a valued americinn customer. Thanks to Bob Patel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Samantha H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

I first heard about the place from a friend and I found it as he told me. Very excellent rooms and friendly people.

I highly recommend this hotel from others in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Elias B
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

Very pleasant, efficient, clean, nice size rooms, reasonable rates, friendly staff. Great bed and large bathroom, with covered vanity with bend seat for makeup, etc. Also liked the strong shower head! -nice touch! Courtyard-facing room was quiet all night on. Nice area to restaurants, coffee, etc.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank RON M
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

We booked a two night stay with a direct call to this motel's desk and we got our confirmation number for $71.99 per night + tax etc..
The owner would not honor that price once he realized the motel would unexpected fill up. He asked us to pay $129.99 + tax etc.
He would not honor the reservation and confirmation number.
In my opinion, the owner is a CROOK!
I refuse to stay in a motel where the owner has proven himself to be a dishonorable crook.
He has the keys to the room where my family is sleeping and where I may leave valuables when I go out to see the town.
I would give this facility zero stars if that were possible.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Dave K
Doug E, General Manager at AmericInn Willmar, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
I am the new General Manager now as of December of 2011 and I thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at the AmericInn of Willmar. Our top priority is creating an environment in which our guest can relax, renew and recharge. We are truly sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my apologies for any inconvenience during your stay and in the future I will keep this kind of problem from happening again.

Travelers are raving about these Willmar hotels

Worthington, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2011

Me and my colleague went to Willmar,mn for bussiness trip and we stayed at the Americinn and we had plesent stay. The staff was very very helpful. very nice little hotel. i would recommend this hotel to everyone that i know when they travel to willmar.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank yashpatel
Milbank, South Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2011

We booked our rooms 4 months in advance. When we arrived we asked the gentleman at the counter how late we can use the front lobby because we were having our family Christmas get together. We had a total 5 rooms booked with family. He said well we had some people in here that were drinking and got kind of loud so they had to leave around 11-12. He said not a problem as long as you guys are loud. There were 7 adults sitting there playing some games and he came over at 2 minutes to 10 and said you need to leave because we have a policy that no one can be in the lobby after 10! When I told him what he told us the previous night he said nope - it's 10 and that's corporate policy. That isn't a policy, he just didn't want to deal with people. I think he should maybe get moved to house keeping where he doesn't have to deal with customers because he will ruin the business! We had a lady all afternoon that was so accommodating with us and very pleasant. This guy was a total jerk!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank sewsweet23
Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2010

When hotel room was reserved there was a major storm on the way into MN. I did NOT reserve the room with a credit card since I wasn't 100% sure I'd make it to Willmar two days later. When setting up the reservation, the owner/GM asked 1) had I stayed at the hotel before, and 2) was I an Americinn Rewards member. I answered Yes to both. Again, I DID NOT reserve room with a credit card in the event I was unable to make it due to weather. When I called to be courteous and state that I wouldn't be arriving, the owner/GM told me I'd be charged for the room. When I asked why, it was because I'd stayed at the hotel before...WHAT? I did not authorize the use of my credit card from a previous stay to be used for this stay. The owner/GM was unpleasant to deal with. There is a really nice Country Inn & Suites that I stayed at the following 2 nights. I will NOT stay at this hotel again, and recommend to others that you don't as well.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business