“great comfort food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
“great comfort food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

Breakfasts are my favorite. The cinnamon raisin toast is a real treat. Fabulous omelets and french toast. I plan to test the lunch menu soon. This is a small town diner with friendly staff and atmosphere. Excellent location in downtown White Bear Lake. It's a treasure.,

• Visited January 2014

Punta Gorda, Florida
“Too much food - not enough cleaning”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Way too much food and very filthy place. There was old food, water bottles, pieces of paper or napkins under tables and benches and kitchen equipment. Nothing in the place looked like it had been cleaned in years. We will not return.

• Visited January 2014
4 Thank TheGreatNorthShore
North Oaks, Minnesota
“Old school cafe”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Everything about the Cobblestone brings back memories of small town life if you have experienced it. The sound is good, the service fine and the setting simple. During warm months they have five or six tables on the wide sidewalk which can be very pleasant. The prices are fair and the coffee good.

Visited March 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Small town diner feel - could use updates”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

The food was good - but the atmosphere was dull and lackluster. This diner could use a fresh coat of paint, a good cleaning and some new upholstery.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank edubbs5
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
“Rude waitress!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I bought a Groupon to try out this little cafe near my house and had the worst customer service EVER! First, I asked for a coke and my friend asked for Orange Juice. She walks around behind the register (we sat right in front of the register) and yelled back,"Ladies, was that 2 orange juices?". As if we knew she was asking us since I had my back to her register and the register was partially blocked by a wall. The waitress then cut me of before I was done ordering to ask if I have a "coupon" because my friend and I seemed like we ordered a lot of food. I answered "Yes, I have a Groupon." After I pulled the Groupon print off out, she snatched it from my hands and walked away without even letting me finish my order. She yelled back "I always know who has a coupon because they always order a lot of food". I was going to also ask for a paper cup with a lid and straw for my 2 year old daughter and order a Cookies and Cream Malt. I wasn't even upset yet when she "forgot" to give me a kids menu until I asked her for one. Ordering a Belgium waffle and hamburger for myself and a hotdog that came with a side of fries for my 2 year old was "too much food" according to this lady. I walked in starving but after her attitude, I lost all appetite. The food was still good, I'm not complaining about the food at all. Just the horrible attitude she had with us. Made me never want to step foot in her cafe again! I left her a 75 cent tip. I didn't make a scene before leaving lucky for her my daughter was with me and there was 1 other customer sitting by the door.

• Visited December 2012