“Best Prime Rib....Ever”

Cuisines: Pub
50onthego
“Best Prime Rib....Ever”
Reviewed January 11, 2012

We went to Jethro's based on a recommendation from my cousin who lives nearby. Upon arriving and noting that it was located in a strip mall, I was a bit concerned. Entering the bar was even less impressive. It just looks like an old bar that you might find in a rural farming area...nothing fancy and nothing new.

And then we ate. I had the best Prime Rib I have ever eaten. I love Prime Rib, but I never knew it could taste like this. The au jus was crazy good. They have au gratin potatoes available on the weekend, and I ordered them. Again, the best I have ever had. I ordered the French Onion Soup rather than a salad...it was just okay. The texas toast that comes with the meal is huge and really puts the portions over the top...all for $18.99. (The size of the prime is approximately 18 ounces.) There was more than enough left over for lunch the next day. I'm not usually a fan of large portions, but this meal was so good, I knew that I would crave it the next day, so I was pleased to bring some home.

My husband had the steak sandwich, and he said it too was excellent. He ordered a side salad with bleu cheese dressing, and said it was the best bleu cheese he ever had. He's a huge fan of bleu cheese dressing, so he has a lot of experience in picking a good one.

And as far as picking a good one goes, we did a heck of a good job in picking Jethro's as our place to dine on that Friday evening. We will be back again and again.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank 50onthego

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Corner bar with stellar food.”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Jethros is a joint. You know immediately it is a local favorite. I highly recommend the clam chowder on Friday nights. My other favorite is their french dip. The au juice is perfect, the bun is lightly toasted and the roast beef is lean and delicous!