“Use to love the food”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Isanti, Minnesota
“Use to love the food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

I was introduced to Ban Thai by a friend. I immediately loved the food, and would drive a long distance to get it. Recently, they hired a new cook, and the food is NOT the same. I hope the owner starts cooking again! It would be a shame to loose business because the food doesn't taste the same.

HOPEFUL

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Tami C

Pinedale, Wyoming
“AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM THE OWNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

We work across the street and continually order take out from here. Ive heard from others that theyve had bad customer service, however, I always defended them because I LOVE the food! Anyways, today was a completely different story. My coworker and I decided to order Ban Thai for lunch....and we both only had credit cards to pay. We asked her to split the bill in half and use both cards. The owner proceeded to SCOLD us, that it is too expensive to run 2 different cards, and said she wouldnt do the transaction. We said thats the only form of payment we have today, and thats how we needed to pay. Once she said ok, she proceeded to charge $2.50 for a 20 oz of soda.....even though the sign said $1. She said this will pay for the credit charges. Unbeliievable. This will be my last meal here, which is unfortunate because I love the food.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank krminer
“Great authentic Thai food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

As hot as you want, very surprised to find this authenticity in burbs.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“There food is great - I have had only a couple of dishes I would not order again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

They have so many good and unique Thai items. But my favorite is Pra Ram Rong Song with mock dock. Go with at least 3 people and order and serve family style. I do not get people who eat at Thai or Chinese places only to order and eat only their own one item. The food is meant to be shared.

• Visited August 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The lunch special is great, and we get it at work all the time, but the level of heat (flavor, not temp.) varies...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2008

The lunch special is great, and we get it at work all the time, but the level of heat (flavor, not temp.) varies greatly from day to day and they go through a lot of styrofoam containers...they could easily switch to cardbaord and I'd feel less guilty about ordering food to go.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook