“YUM!!! Can't wait to go back.”

Key's Cafe & Bakery
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“YUM!!! Can't wait to go back.”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I'd been told that Keys Cafe had excellent "homestyle" food so I wanted to check it out and finally had the chance tonight when I happened to be in White Bear Lake. I ordered the turkey with stuffing and mashed potatoes and it's the best I've ever had other than the Thanksgiving dinner table at my mom's. (Maybe even better, actually.) :) It was REAL turkey, not that sliced pressed turkey breast I've seen at other restaurants. After a couple bites I had to say "This is wicked good." The only downside is that I ate too much.

Key's Cafe is now at the top of my list of places I need to try for breakfast.

• Visited June 2012

Dellwood, Minnesota
“Good, solid food.”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Good breakfasts - large portions. Very busy most of the time. Desserts are to die for! The House Cake is legendary!

Visited June 2011
St. Paul, MN
“Best restaurant in WBL”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I can't believe this place isn't ranked #1 in WBL. We LOVE coming here.
The food is pretty much all supersized. And all tastes great.
The desserts are AWESOME! You definitely need to have a piece of cake before you leave, even if you're only there for breakfast! We even used their cakes for several weddings in our family.
Only downside is the wait during busy times can be long, since it is a small restaurant.

• Visited September 2011
South Haven, Minnesota
“Yummiest Breakfast Ever!”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

This was our second trip to a Keys location. Our previous one was in Minneapolis. While the atmosphere is a bit different at the WBL location (more family cafe versus pub), the food was equally delicious. What's amazing is that we called last-minute with a group of 25 (hockey team) and they bent over backwards to accomodate us! This location is quite small, but they made room for us and despite bringing more people than we originally estimated, we were all seated without much wait. They put a couple of people on our table and the ordering went smoothly and miraculously they had everybody's bills correct in the end. This is nothing short of a miracle considering our kids sit at different ends of the table and it's not always easy to figure out who's with who. But they handled it with grace and accuracy. Aside from our fabulous service experience, the food was fantastic. What I have come to expect from Keys, but still above the bar for most places. Will go again whenever we are in WBL.

• Visited November 2011
Marshall, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“kind of like a perkins”
Reviewed November 23, 2011

nothing jumped out at me and the food was mediocre at best

Visited October 2011