This was a great hotel for a night out. My wife and I celebrated our 9 month anniversary at this hotel, and had a king suite w/ a whirlpool/hot tub. It was very nice! We had supper in the hotel restaurant 'Rudy's Redeye Grill' which was very good. The hotel breakfast was also very good! The breakfast area was near the pool, and a nice clean area. The food was average, but I enjoyed the atmosphere of the indoor courtyard. We didn't swim in the pool, we were too busy enjoying the whirlpool and fireplace in the room. And we had a corner suite with multiple windows. It was comfortable. But the hotel courtyard with the pool/ballroom area was nice.
We noticed there were many rooms with windows facing the pool/ballroom area, so I can't comment on the amount of noise those rooms got from the pool area, and whether or not that would be too noisy or disturbing. Our windows faced outside, and there wasn't much noise. I would recommend at least asking for a room NOT facing the pool area to guarantee a quiet night. But again, we had a quiet night in our room. :-)
The room decor was nice. I noticed a wall outlet without a socket cover, but it wasn't really noticeable. The bathroom wasn't very modern. It was clean, but felt more like a bathroom from a Day's Inn or economy hotel. And the room had a 'hotel' smell to it. A clean smell, but a 'hotel' smell. But I noticed everything was clean, nothing seemed dirty, and overall the room was great!
Definitely give this hotel a try!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Halfway between nature and city life is this unique hotel possessing White Bear Lake hometown hospitality and first class accommodations. Stylish and spaciously designed guest rooms offer amenities for work and play like free high-speed Internet access, 37-inch television with cable, microwave, refrigerator and much more. Wake up to a full complimentary hot breakfast every morning. Take advantage of our indoor heated saltwater pool, hot tub, and fitness center, or unwind with drinks and appetizers at our onsite restaurant, Rudy’s Redeye Grill. Rudy’s Redeye Grill creates a one-of-a-kind dining experience by combing award-winning food with great ambiance. At Rudy’s, get American classics like the Redeye Sirlouin, as well as signature dishes like the Drunk’n Dirty Pork Chops and our famous Bull Bites. Don’t forget to try our signature cocktails, including the famous Rudytini. Enjoy the summer months on Rudy’s Rooftop. Relax by the outdoor Fireplace while sipping one of our specialty cocktails from the Rooftop bar. Rudy’s Rooftop has been a favorite destination since opening in 2011. From quaint downtown shopping, to nearby boating and golfing enjoy all White Bear Lake has to offer while you’re here. Visit other local favorites such as Tally’s Dockside, Cup and Cone, or the Pine Tree Apple Orchard. Whether travelling for business or pleasure, you won't want your first stay at the Best Western PLUS White Bear Country Inn, to be your last. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Best Western, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus White Bear Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus White Bear Country Hotel White Bear Lake
- Best Western White Bear Lake
- Country Inn White Bear Lake
- White Bear Lake Country Inn
- White Bear Lake Best Western