“This was one of the best stay's ever!”

BEST WESTERN PLUS White Bear Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in White Bear Lake
GreenLeadersSilver level
New Orleans
“This was one of the best stay's ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

The stay was great. This hotel understands travelers. Connected to a restaurant that is great. My wife and daughter loved the indoor pool. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Southern2rs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

My family arrived for a weekend stay to attend a family celebration held at the hotel. It was dark and rainy outside when we arrived, but once inside the hotel, things brightened up immediately! The staff was warm and friendly, accommodations were clean and comfortable, and we felt completely at home. Highlights: the gorgeous indoor pool area (I felt like I was in an Italian-style resort, and the kids didn't want to leave) and the fabulous restaurant, Rudy's Redeye Grill. Try the French onion soup, it's amazing. I'd dine at this restaurant again even if I wasn't staying at the hotel! My teenagers loved the automatic pancake machine at the complimentary breakfast, too. Basically, they've thought of everything (right down to a rubber duck in your bath tub) to make you feel special. A+ from us!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Karin T
Orange, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

Let me start by saying that I was here for a wedding while there were 2 other wedding parties staying at the same hotel. I was expecting nothing short of chaos. To my surprise this hotel handled the crowd extremely well. One unique feature of this place is that it's wall 2 wall with a restaurant which made our search for food hassle free. If you're not feeling sit down you can easily walk to the McDonald's next door. Rooms were clean and comfortable. For the price I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

Excellent place to stay. Room is always clean and neat. Bed is comfortable and they have real pillows. Rudy's Grill serves excellent food and a lot of it.
If you have to be away from home, this is a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Robert J
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

You will be pleasantly shocked! When Im on business I love getting away from hustle and bustle, what a combination to travel on biz make money and have a relaxing stay at a place that's buzzing with activity.
If You are traveling on business here in the Twin cities regularly than this is Hotel is a must as I have been here a couple dozen times over the part 4 years and its getting Better!!! , I guarantee you wont stay anywhere else. about 2o min from the int airport, on a great Lake that even Minnesota people brag about! The hotel is great, I typically don't stay at Best westerns when I travel as I do Hiltons etc but this Best western plus on white bear lake is the choice when visiting the area.
The restaurant is terrific the bar has more action than most downtown bars and the roof top out door cafe bar is just awesome. with your family or clients on business this is the place, I had dinner here with clients and they love it also, unique location with all the amenities! 5 star service at this facility , I really cant say enough good things about the best western in white bear Minnesota, I know come here for Business Family get aways or a romantic weekends

Room Tip: I like the rooms facing the front of hotel & nearest lobby, advance RESERVATIONS would be smart...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Chicago-Goomba
Iowa City, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

Over the years, I have not been a fan of Best Western Hotels, in fact, I avoided them completely. Because there weren't a lot of alternate choices in the area and because my son who lives in the area recommended it, we booked a room for one night. I was pleasantly surprised. It is an older property, but you would never know it. The pool area was one of the best I've seen - it was really crowded when we were there so keeping up with the towel demand was a bit problematic, but not a big deal. The restaurant/bar was obviously popular as it was packed- we didn't go in because of the crowd. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The front desk clerk couldn't be found when we first arrived to check in, but was exceptionally apologetic when she showed up . . . she was folding pool towels and was on her own for the night which surprised me given the large amount of people in the hotel. It was no big deal, though, as we weren't in a hurry and had a chance to look around a bit. There aren't any glaring negatives, other than the bathrooms are a little small, but comparable to most other hotel chains. The price was reasonable - about $30 less than another "moderate" hotel down the road. Good breakfast and friendly people. I'll stay again!

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are available but this is a hopping area! It might be a little loud.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

We were looking for a motel in a suburb of the Twin Cities and found this one...a 20+ minute drive from our destination but it was worth our time. Very nice place. Pool area was clean and spacious. Third floor smelled strongly of smoke due to the outdoor bar at one end, but it wasn't noticeable in our rooms. Front desk staff apologized for this beforehand. It wasn't really a problem though. Our king room was spacious and the bed was sooo soft. Loved it! Breakfast was good too with a nice variety of choices including a pancake maker Only complaint was the terrible internet service. Almost impossible to be online.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near White Bear Lake
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Paul Northeast
Holiday Inn Express Vadnais Heights
Holiday Inn Express Vadnais Heig...
#3 of 3 in Vadnais Heights
Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Paul Northeast
Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Paul ...
#2 of 3 in Vadnais Heights
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Stillwater
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Shoreview
Hampton Inn & Suites Lino Lakes

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS White Bear Country Inn? Share your experiences!