“Seriously the best donuts I have ever eaten!”
Review of Grannys Donuts

Grannys Donuts
New Hampshire
“Seriously the best donuts I have ever eaten!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Driving down the road I saw this place and decided to drop in. I have had hit or miss experiences with mom n pop donut shops, but this was the best I have ever been to. The owner, who seems to get mixed reviews from others, was friendly, funny, and welcoming. I ordered two donuts and a coffee, he suggested I try a third (Devil's food) and I agreed. He explained that he made the chocolate himself and was very proud of it. He told me to take a bit and if I didn't like it I wouldn't pay for it. Well, it was hands down the lightest, most flavorful bite of chocolate I have ever bit into. I told him as much and he then put a chocolate covered twist in the bag at no charge.

As I sat down to eat my snack, a few other customers came and went. When they left, the owner came out through the kitchen door and started talking to me. We had a pleasant conversation about their history and his day (the guys gets in around 3am to start making the donuts from scratch).

I had a very good time there and will definitely go back next time I am in Minneapolis. As for the donuts, they are super light and fluffy little bites of heaven. Even if the owner had been having a bad day I would have given them 5 stars.

• Visited September 2013

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“AWESOME DONUTS! Go early!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Yes, go early. I have been there some mornings and by 9AM there is slim to pick from. It is not because they don't make enough, it is because it all gets sold because they are so busy! I love the family that owns this place. Super friendly mom and pop type place and they are always giving free donut holes to kids and 'giving you a deal' on buying one more donut. Great place!

• Visited August 2013
Minnesota
“Good, bad, ugly”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Good: Fresh baked donuts. Donuts are absolutely the best when fresh, and Grannys donuts are baked that morning.

The Bad: When the owner tries to give you a "good deal" when buying a dozen donuts. DO NOT SAY YES. I can't tell you how many times I fell for this. He will say something about giving you a deal, he then picks a couple more donuts. Here is the kicker, he is not tossing them in for free. in fact, he has always charged me FULL PRICE for the other two. Not even a discount. I finally started doing the math and stopped saying yes....

The Ugly: Usually the service is just fine. However, it can be really bad too. One time my wife asked for a white filled doughnut. The old man freaked out and went on about how they have never carried white filled in X number of years of business. He then asked the next customer in line what they wanted, without asking us if we wanted to choose something else. Also, if you take more than 2 seconds to decide what donut you want, he will become agitated. This has happened to me when filling an order for my whole family, a church group , or work.

Overall, this place is overrated. I think that Grannys benefits from being the only place that consistently sells freshly baked donuts on Robert Street.

I will stop by every once in a while. However, after the incident noted above, I go elsewhere for my trips more than 1 or 2 donuts.

• Visited May 2013
7 Thank captkirk17
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
“Best donuts around!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Great donuts! One of the places my kids love to go on the weekends. A nice variety of donuts - especially the classic ones.

Visited May 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Been going for years”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have loved this place ever since I was little. I am glad that it is finally getting the recognition it deserves here on Trip Advisor! The donuts are very fresh and have always satisfied. Bring them in to work or bring kids along to pick out their favorites! (I always enjoyed picking out a sprinkled donut from the variety of different sprinkle colors).

• Visited March 2013