“Outstanding Food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Minnetonka
“Outstanding Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stopped here for lunch on our way home from a weekender. Falafel, tabouli and rice pilaf ... does it get any better than this? The service was efficient and friendly. The food was just right. There's a small stage in the dining room; I guess they have belly dancing at times. Simply good, authentic Meditteranean food.

Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“MMMMM, Garlic, Loves me garlic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

Go here for lunch often and have brought along many first timers, every single one has said they want to eat here again. I have never been a fan of tabouli, more about the texture than the taste, so I always get the house salad instead. The Garlic dressing on that salad is out of this world. I usually get the Byblos which is a lunch combo special. If you love Gyros, get the Shawirma here you will absolutely love it. The Falafel is the best I have had any place but I like extra chopped tomato and Tahini sauce with mine. If you fear trying the ethnic fare simply get the kabob platter, the rice is so buttery delicious, the chicken kabobs so tender and juicy, MMMM...Better than a burger anyday! I will say, I went 3 times in the last month and the 3rd time the menu was updated(all same items I believe) with slightly higher prices. Worth every penny, YUMYUMYUM!

• Visited July 2012
Woodbury, Minnesota
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

Food, service and entertainment were all greater than expected- actually didn't expect any entertainment and they had a belly dancer who really engaged each table. We felt like family and they made perfect suggestions. Can't wait to go back!

Visited August 2011
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Plan on spending money but it is worth it !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

Call ahead and make a reservation. Can get very busy and the place is small. Excellent food and service. The owners are very nice and ready to please anyone. Once you come here, you will always go back!

Visited July 2011
Central Arizona, Arizona
“An outstanding Lebanese Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

We have been driving past the Beirut Restaurant and Deli for years. Every time we attempted to eat there it was closed. We came to the conclusion that we were always passing on a Sunday and you guessed it. They are closed on Sunday.

We finally were in the area on a Saturday and were able to enter the restaurant. We arrived at the restaurant at 11:40 am and were the only ones there. We were seated immediately and our server, Sarah, arrived before we had a chance to look at the menus which were deposited on the table by the hostess. The menu states that the Beirut Restaurant is "A truly authentic Lebanese dining experience".

We needed time to discover the menu so we ordered water from Sarah which she fetched right away. She asked again what we wanted and Peggy was still reading so I shooed Sarah away, pleasantly of course.

The lunch menu is smaller than the dinner menu but it covers all of the bases with approximately 5 appetizers, 5 Pocket Platters, 4 Kabob Platters and 6 Lunch Entrées. They have dessert but we aren’t dessert eaters so we don’t know what they are.

Peggy finally decided upon a lamb kabob lunch special which was described as pieces of marinated lamb, zucchini, onion and green pepper, grilled, and served with garlic sauce, tabouli and rice pilaf.

We decided to try the Falafel appetizer and I picked the Meat Pie from the Lunch Entrées. The Falafel appetizer was a deep fried patty of seasoned ground garbanzo beans, chopped parsley, onion, garlic and spices topped with diced tomatoes, chopped parsley and a Tahini sauce. The Meat Pie was triangular shaped bread dough filled with lean ground beef, chopped onions, spices baked and served with tabouli salad and rice pilaf.

The Falafel was deep fried but very tasty. It was hot, moist and tasted almost baked. We both tasted it and were both impressed. The Meat Pie was even better than the Falafel and came with an excellent garlic pâté accompaniment. The tabouli salad was delightful. It was hands down the best tabouli salad that I have tasted. Tabouli generally has all the same ingredients, no matter who makes it. What made this salad so good was the freshness of the salad and it was not overwhelmed with onions. The lemon and oil flavorings were just right. The Lebanese style rice pilaf was also excellent. We mixed the garlic sauce in with the rice pilaf, and it just melted into the rice. This made it even better!

It has been a long time since I have enjoyed a lunch more than this one. Beirut Restaurant has just entered our permanent restaurant file. We will be frequenting this restaurant often.

The Beirut also makes their own garlic sauce which they sell at the entrance. We have attempted making garlic sauce ourselves but it never comes close to Beirut's so just buy it there.
I just can't gush enough about this restaurant.

Total for our meals including tax and tip was $36.00.

Would we come back again? You Betcha.

• Visited August 2010