“Nice weekend at Treasure Island”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Welch
Treasure Island Resort & Casino
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Welch
Minneapolis,MN
“Nice weekend at Treasure Island”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed at Treasure Island for a conference for my husband. Rooms were quite nice--clean, comfortable beds, quiet and nice amenities. Took a nice walk on the property, and I was impressed how friendly all the staff were. They greeted you and waved along the road. Only disappointment was the food from the casino restaurants. The sub shop sounded so good but our sandwiches were seriously lacking. Staff there was friendly, though! Sat down to eat at Currents but asked for meals to go due to wait and irritating flies. Patty melt was greasy and alleged gyro was just ok. Main message: nice place to sleep/stay but eating part is questionable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank summersanibel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Arabic first
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed October 11, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

It was a good rainy day in Sept and wasn't much going on. I don't gamble often, but some friends wanted to I joined in. We had such a good time playing black jack and the buffet was excellent! Can't wait to go back1

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I love this place. We go every year for my husband's birthday and without fail, we have a great time. The hotel rooms are beautiful and clean. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. The gambling, bowling, bingo-so much fun! The one (serious) downfall? The buffet. It's very obvious that most of the food is frozen-the chicken nuggets, the egg rolls, the desserts. The mac n' cheese? I don't think that you could get soggier noodles. You might as well puree the stuff. The salad bar looks beautiful...but the dressing. My god. Do you all taste this stuff? What's up with the tiny, dry waffles? Are they frozen too? Why are the eggs spongy and full of water on the bottom? I could go on, but I'm starting to get a stomach ache. Anyway, 4 stars for the hotel/experience. Negative 4 stars for buffet. You'll have a great time, but you'd do better to eat out of the vending machine.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lawgirl333
New Lenox, Illinois
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

My sister had a birthday bowling and pizza party for a 9 yr old boy. It was a lot of fun. I have stayed here twice before and love it. The food is good too. Ya can't go wrong. I will be back. My son wants a party there.

• Stayed July 2013
Mt. Pleasant
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed at Treasure Island for three nights last week. I had a boutique suite that was wonderful! The bathroom was huge with an amazing shower and a seperate tub. If you are having a meeting and need just a little private space, the dinning room table will fill the bill.....Again, this was an excellent venue.

Room Tip: Always ask for rooms in the "Eagle Tower"..they are the newest.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed August 14, 2013

1 room on 5th floor for 1 night NO PROBLEMS, 1 ROOM 7TH FLOOR 2 NITES TOTAL NIGHTMARE ! My room was totally gross after a long day of travel to get there; I was given wrong room # simple fix , down to desk back up 7th fl. now right room. I flopped on bed 2 call family let them know I made it, look up and see booger's and hand prints on ceiling, A/C not good small vent top on ceiling corner, shower full of hair and scum, coffee pot very dirty still had used grounds in it. I was given a credit but when I checked out, they did credit me some 4 first night, BUT $30 + taxes above quote for 2nd night. NOT $159.00 room in my book. Flat screen TV to small for room size. No mimi fridg. or micro that you think would come with that price.
The Casino is super huge offer's smoking and non smoking rooms bowling gym etc...My adivice is really check room over. I was on 7th floor and the court yard was so loud till 4:oo AM , It's a very large place 500 rooms so get a good deal or don't go. On the Plus side the folks that do work there are VERY NICE, so for what it's worth one room was fine the other WAS NOT! Guess ya gamble on what room ya get. Hope this helps,,,,,,,,

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank AMYHSUN

Travelers are raving about these Welch hotels

Minnesota
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We recently spent 2 nights at the Treasure Island Resort and Casino. The casino is very nice although a bit tight on the slots. The highlight was the Bingo Gone Wild, we had a blast and will be back to do it again. The hotel was very nice, our room was clean and no smoke smell, even in the Buffalo section. Skip the Buffet. I could eat shoe leather if you put salt and butter on it, but even that wouldn't have helped the prime rib. The Brunch buffet the next morning was the exact same as the night before with an egg station on the side, I think most of the food really was from the night before. Overall a very nice stay but drive the 10 minutes into town to eat.

Room Tip: Buffalo non smoking honeymoon jacuzzi suite.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Welch
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Red Wing
St. James Hotel
St. James Hotel
#1 of 9 in Red Wing
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cottage Grove

Been to Treasure Island Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!