Treasure Island Resort & Casino
$106
Orbitz.com
$116
$113
Caravan Motel(Cannon Falls)(Great Value!)
$65
Saratoga Inn & Suites(Cannon Falls)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbowling alleyswim up bareagle towersub shoplazy riverprime ribnon smoking sectionrooms are nicenice casinocasino floorlagoonminnesotatubswolfconference
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We spent one night at the Treasure Island Resort and Casino for our anniversary. I have to say that check in was seamless and the security staff was attentive and friendly. The bed is so soft. I would have to say my only complaint was the shower. The water came out so hard and fast that it hurt. There was no way to adjust that. Otherwise the hotel was nice and the gambling fun. The buffet is pretty good too.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

It's not a bad place. It's mostly clean, food's okay, lots of options for gambling, good customer service, but if you have allergies/asthma, it's a death trap. Yes, there's a non smoking area, but the ventilation must be poor because it still smells like smoke. The hallways and elevators smell like smoke. Our room was non smoking, still smelled it...and I found a cigarette burn in one of the bedspreads, so clearly the laundry is interchangeable between smoking and non smoking rooms. No amount of Tide can kill pounds of cigarette smoke. We were going to stay for two nights, but I couldn't take it. During check out, I explained our situation, and they didn't charge us for the second room, which I found to be great customer service. It's a decent place, like I said. But I'm very sensitive to smoke and dust. I didn't think it'd be a problem...my husband and I have gone to Vegas, where everyone smokes, and I had exactly zero problems.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Treasure Island Casino this past weekend on our way home from a wedding in Minnesota. We found the room clean and comfortable, although the bedspread and throw pillows on bed could use an update but okay for the price we paid (we were in the Buffalo Casino for $80.00 a night with AARP discount). The Casino had an abundance of slots which did allow us to play and have fun, while slowly taking our money. It was decorated in a way that reminded me of Vegas Casinos on a smaller scale. It was nice to be able to get a cold Sam Adams to walk around the Casino with and on Sunday they had a $2 tap in the afternoon. We did bowl a few games at the bowling alley which was a nice break for the Casino. The buffet was delicious with a good variety of choices and excellent salad bar area for a reasonable $13 price for supper. Everyone we encountered as far as staff was friendly, helpful and smiling--they seemed to be enjoying themselves at work. In the evening we enjoyed the hot tub before bed--could of had a little less chlorine. Unfortunately the pool was closed, it looked murky--they must have been having problems with it. The ladies shower area in the pool had a nice removable head show to rinse off with--unfortunately the one in the men's shower are was broken and reconnected in a manner which made it hard for my husband to use.

We have stayed at several Casinos in Wisconsin and, so far, this has been our favorite one--we will definitely be back.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I came from Los Angeles to provide my fiancee back in MN with a birthday that I hoped she'd remember. I confirmed over the phone multiple times that the room I was paying 200 dollars a night for would have a hot tub in it and NOT just a bathtub with jets. After being reassured over the phone multiple times that this was the case I showed up and discovered that it was just that: a bathtub with 2 jets. Also there was a wedding going on at the same time that the staff was more preoccupied with than helping out any other guests.

Without making a scene that would disrupt my fiancee's birthday or the bride's wedding we decided to go to the casino. After getting ID'd at the entrance I was also ID'd at the bar. After I picked up my drinks I was ID'd by 2 separate security guards while trying to enjoy my gaming and my drink. I asked if I could get my hand stamped so I didn't have to drag my ID out so many times and the response was "that's not my job" as the security guard stormed off. Received 2 more ID requests and decided to call it a night.

The next morning when we were ready to leave my fiancee wanted breakfast. She decided donuts from the coffee shop would be fine. Before she ordered I pointed it out to her, and said it loud enough for the person waiting the counters, that there were flies in the case. No less than 3 flies were just flying around INSIDE the doughnut case. The person tending the till turned around, then turned back and asked what we wanted. We got a coffee and left.

The overall apathetic response from the staff as well as their inability to provide accurate descriptions of rooms seems small at first but over 2 days of experiencing this it became a large nuisance.

I sent this feedback to the hotel and asked for a response: received none. I waited one week before writing review in the event this may have just been a one off experience and wanted them to have time to explain themselves. I did not ask for money back or a discounted stay as it does me no good and I'm already back home. Back in Los Angeles now and I can say I will not recommend this "Resort" to anyone. Stay at Mystic Lake or Jackpot. The staff is kinder, management cares, and they at least provide accurate expectations for what your trip will be.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
3  Thank David K
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Amanda Y (2 reviews down) is obviously a rookie and clueless about how casinos are REQUIRED to be run. There is ZERO flexibility in the gaming rules. They are agreed upon by the state, and that is what must be enforced. This includes alcohol at the gaming table. Honey, the key to remember is that you are at a GAMING TABLE. This means you can't have 2 drinks, can't touch the cards, cant touch your chips in play, etc etc. As for the hotel service, I have always found it very good, assuming you properly made your reservation. The hotel sells out every single weekend, so it is always good to confirm reservations, and guarantee them to a credit card (required on weekends anyway).

Room Tip: Comfortable memory foam mattresses in the room. Make sure and get your room in the Eagle tower if possible. It is newer than the Buffalo tower.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends