“Great casino and hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Welch
Treasure Island Resort & Casino
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Welch
Blaine
“Great casino and hotel”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Amanda Y (2 reviews down) is obviously a rookie and clueless about how casinos are REQUIRED to be run. There is ZERO flexibility in the gaming rules. They are agreed upon by the state, and that is what must be enforced. This includes alcohol at the gaming table. Honey, the key to remember is that you are at a GAMING TABLE. This means you can't have 2 drinks, can't touch the cards, cant touch your chips in play, etc etc. As for the hotel service, I have always found it very good, assuming you properly made your reservation. The hotel sells out every single weekend, so it is always good to confirm reservations, and guarantee them to a credit card (required on weekends anyway).

Room Tip: Comfortable memory foam mattresses in the room. Make sure and get your room in the Eagle tower if p...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Stayed here as we were attending a show held on location. I do not gamble so I cannot speak to that part of the hotel. The room we stayed in was a basic one with two queen sized beds. It was clean & the bed very comfortable. The pool area seemed in need of some maintenance as the waterfall from the roof was not working & many of the letters on the various signs were missing. We did eat at the buffet during our stay. Excellent variety & the employees in the buffet area were very friendly. There is really no competition for a place to stay in the immediate area without at least a 20 minute drive. I would stay here again but did feel due to the lack of competition, the room was overpriced.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I was really excited to try out Treasure Island, as a first-time casino visitor. My boyfriend and I won a free night's stay and made the trip down from the cities. When we arrived, we were immediately told they could not help us (even though I had called with our coupon code and made a reservation, complete with confirmation number) and offered possibly the worst customer service I've ever experienced. In no way did they try to help us--they just had poor attitudes and were totally nasty to us. It wasn't even that they couldn't help--it was the way they addressed us that was so terrible.

With a little help from a much nicer staff member at the Passport Club, we were able to resolve the problem.

The bowling area was great--can't beat $6 pitchers! And I enjoyed the pool as well, with it's 10pm strict curfew for those under 18.

When we got to the casino, all was fine and good--except when my boyfriend went to play blackjack. The dealers were great, funny even--but the staff that are there to watch the games (sorry, I can't remember the term) again had terrible attitudes! I understand the importance of rules, but I do not understand blatantly making your consumers angry by over-reacting and over-enforcing these rules. I had two drinks in my hand because it was last call--and I thought the guy was going to jump over the rope and take them out of my hand! "Strict one drink at the table rule" even though I was just observing. Ridiculous.

I'm not sure why these staff people are so angry, but it definitely needs to change. If it wouldn't have been for that, I'd go back and actually give them my money, but no thank you. I recommend taking your money elsewhere for a more positive experience.

Room Tip: Ask for the "new wing"
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amanda Y

Travelers are raving about these Welch hotels

WI
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Our first visit to Treasure Island left us wanting to come back. Everyone on staff was very pleasant and made us feel welcomed. We were very satisfied with our room in the non-smoking tower. The slots were unbelievably friendly--we left with a few hundred in our wallets. The buffet had several choices, and the food was very tasty. We visit casinos in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Las Vegas and realize that casino experiences can vary on any given day. However, we would recommend potential visitors consider Treasure Island and not be too swayed from some of the negative reviews that have been posted.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank revlon
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have heard much about the gaming at Treasure Island and how the people who frequent Mystic Lake and Hinckley have recommended this casino. Having never been there, I decided with a friend to give it a try. While room rates seemed consistently higher than most for a local casino, we bit the bullet and booked a room. What the heck, right?
I was surprised at the proximity to the Twin Cities. While being 'not far' from Minneapolis, the drive took me away from the rat race and to another place. This was a good thing. I felt as though I were 'on vacation' for sure. The directions I got off the website and on google maps is not the way I would recommend taking from Minneapolis. I was directed to go from Mpls to St. Paul and spent way too long on 94 in bumper to bumper creep and beep early in the afternoon! (I avoid anything to do with St. Paul like the plague). I'd go on 55 all the way to 61/316 and follow the signs/directions from there. It was way too long and too complicated sounding the way it was described. ANYWAY....
The exterior of the building reminded me of the photos of Atlantis. The lobby was spotless and welcoming. The desk staff were helpful and asked if I had a player's card. I hadn't gotten one yet, but the gal told me to get one after check in and return to the desk where they would issue me a 10% off the room rate. Nice!
The room was attractive and comfy. TV was better than most casinos. I wasn't too hip on the office desk set-up - I prefer a table and chairs to enjoy snacks/beverages. We made it work using the ottoman from the easy chair and the office chair around the end of the desk.
Nice towels and bath amenities. I did see a tacky list of how much towels will cost someone who makes off with them. Is this a true towel-theft deterrent? Seems like it's a little ghetto. Hope it's worth the risk.
The gaming was way fun and reminiscent to me of being inside of NewYork NewYork in Vegas. Nice little separate alcoves and sections of games vs the big wide open circus tent. We enjoyed old school games and actually did ok! Liked the smaller and more frequent bars around the casino too. Sometimes trucking to the bar across the world isn't appealing. Nice to see these little watering holes throughout!
Last but not least, I almost died in my bed. One of the most comfy I've ever slept in. My traveling friend said the same. We felt very pampered and provided with excellent service and accommodations. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank travelgirl1960
Michigan
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This is a typical casino hotel property (in my estimation). The hotel room was spacious and aside from some stray hair in the tub area it was clean. After reading another review about bed bugs, I *did* check immediately upon walking into my room and am happy to report there were none. I rested well, but the bed, bedspread and furnishings are beginning to show their age. On the up-side, staff here are super friendly and helpful. There is free valet parking (a perk for me as a business travel) and free wi-fi which ran like a top.

As for the casino, I booked a $99 room package that included $50 slot play. I didn't find the slot machines to be any looser than they are at most casinos, and walked away with $0.00 winnings.

I would probably stay here again when I had more time to try the restaurants, as well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Winnipeg
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I've been here twice now and I would have to say it's my second favorite casino in Minnesota.

Stayed in the Eagle room on our second visit. Based on about $1000 coin in on my first trip, I was offered a free night during the week or $59 room on a Friday plus $20 slot play.

The room was nothing special but it was very clean which is really all I ask for at a Casino in MN. We were put in an accessible room, so I don't know if it was larger based on those requirements but it had a lot of room. Only complaint is that the wi-fi on the 7th floor by the elevator(where our room was) was basically unusable. I didn't find hallway noise to be an issue at all (on a Friday night)

The Casino itself is quite large. Free soft drinks, and the alcoholic beverages were fair priced. $4 for a cooler. As mentioned below they do have a lot of new machines, which can be perceived as a good or bad thing. The new machines tend to be extremely volatile, providing big wins or quick losses. I play $1 bets and sat at a couple machines with $20-40 and won 0 credits. When we did hit it was often 50x or greater. I walked away 1800 ahead the first time and down 300 the next but both times provided 4 hours+ of entertainment.

Can't comment on the food. I refuse to eat at a Casino. Had to drive 20 mins to Hastings for dinner.

I wish it was a little bigger. With the amount of people there on Friday, I found it difficult to play specific games. There were a couple I wanted to play but someone was always there and I'm not lining up for a machine.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Welch
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Red Wing
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Red Wing
Nichols Inn Red Wing
Nichols Inn Red Wing
#5 of 9 in Red Wing

Been to Treasure Island Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!