“Look out for garbage from previous guests in your room.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Welch
Treasure Island Resort & Casino
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Welch
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Look out for garbage from previous guests in your room.”
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Stayed here for one night with my husband on 12/26/11. Arrived at about 2 pm, and there was a very long check in line. Decided to go to casino for a little bit first. Casino is very smoky, as are all in MN, but this did seem especially worse as was very crowded and hard to find a seat, let alone one away from smokers. There are non-smoking areas, but they stink too, and didn't have the games I like in them. Casino is fairly large, and I had pretty good luck. We both signed up for players card, and ended up each getting $5 back as well as a free drink ticket each. At about 3 pm decided to try and check in again, line was much smaller and had a 10-15 minute wait. Official check in time is at 4 pm. Stayed in Buffalo tower room 636, the floor was non-smoking. Upon entering room discovered a large 1.5 liter empty orange juice container sitting on bathroom counter. Housekeeping must have forgot to remove, was a little upsetting, but rest of room was clean so decided to stay. Had 2 queen beds, and a view of parking lot. Room also had a flat screen tv, desk, another chair, and a large bathroom. Lots of counter space in bathroom, and good smelling toiletries. Towels were very thin, and scratchy, very dissapointing. Comforters also appeared past there prime, and were scratchy as well. Pillow were fine, did not seem crunchy as other reviewers stated. Slept fairly well, did hear some trains during the night. Not bad for $69 per night. Ate dinner at the buffet, and we really enjoyed. Had donuts and smoothies in the am at coffee shop that were good as well. Casino was a lot emptier in am, so could play almost any machine you wanted. Would go again as enjoyed the casino, as long as had a good deal on room rate, maybe the rooms in Eagle tower are nicer. If smoke really bothers you stay away.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nursecommander

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Great time for the entire family... Kids love the arcade, bowling and the pool.

• Stayed December 2011
Minnesota
Reviewed December 17, 2011

I stayed for 4 nights on a business trip. I stayed in a standard room in the Eagle Tower, which I hear is the non-smoking tower. I didn't smell smoke anywhere in this tower. There was a $100 fine if you smoked in any of these rooms (warning upon check-in).

I used the workout room, which was poolside in a separate room. It seemed a bit humid in the workout room and I wished that there was a temperature control in there. There was no water in the workout room, or towels. You had to go out toward the pool to find both of these. The water cooler was not cooling (just room temperature). The treadmills were quite old and actually starting to rust! I had to crank the treadmill on the right side of the room up to 6.0 miles per hour to get to a brisk walk, so something was wrong mechanically, although it was a sturdy machine and gave a good workout (despite this inaccuracy). There were also two elliptical machines.

The room itself was very nice and clean. The linens were clean. The pillows were kind of loud and made some strange noises when you moved your head on them (like when you were rolling over). I guess that there were some heavy-duty dust covers on these pillows, but other than that, they were fine. the bathrooms in the Eagle Tower only had shower stalls (according to 3 of my coworkers who also stayed in the same tower). The was just a small shelf for toiletries, including the bar soap, shampoo, conditioner, and moutwash. I had to set my shave kit on the desk out in the room. For a $5 additional charge, one of my coworkers had a refrigerator delivered to the room. I'm not sure if that was per night or for the duration of the stay. Ask when making your reservations.

the casino was nice, although I'm not much of a gambler. There were 2 non-smoking areas of the casino (one was quite large, the other much smaller and by the bowling alley). They placed complimentary soda/pop dispensers around the casino, which I thought was nice. The bathrooms in the casino were clean and well attended. My only complaint was that you would have to walk through the smoking areas of the casino to get to the club area, the restaurants, and the cashier.

Parking was also a large way off from the hotel. At least a 2 minute walk, I guess. My coworkers told me that the front desk would validate the valet parking (which was $3 to everyone else). Since I don't feel comfortable with others driving my car, I hoofed.

Room Tip: Check out the gift shop. Nice selections!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Mike K
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Love this place. Stay here at least 4 times a year. I have stayed many times in the Buffalo tower and many times in the Eagle tower. Nice staff, nice rooms. The only thing I don't like is you can tell the comforter on the bed is not ashed after every use. I love the casino and the slots are always changing. I don't like how smokey the casino gets. I don't think they have that great of a ventilation system because on a weekend your eyes will truly hurt from the smoke. I always go back though! Great place!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mommyto4blessings
Saint Louis Park, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Stayed here for the Aziz Ansari show in Buffalo Tower on the 4th Floor. Found bedbug - for sure - in our bed the next morning. When we told the staff about it the answer we were given was "And you know this HOW?" in a very rude tone. DO NOT book a room here unless you want to sleep with bedbugs and possibly bring them home with you. Will not return.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
8 Thank MrsDrTraveler
Cindy T, Public Relations Manager at Treasure Island Resort & Casino, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
Treasure Island Resort & Casino welcomes all feedback about the guest service we provide and the property in general. In regards to this comment, our Director of Hospitality responded to the guest after the posting to get as much information as possible. The guest responded very positvely to the request for more detail and appreciated the fact that we took immediate action to check into the situation. The room was professionally inspected and it was confirmed that there were not any bedbugs. The guest appreciated the action we took and the additional follow up with her. It's important for our guests to know we do respond to all comments, enabling us to continually provide exceptional guest service.

Travelers are raving about these Welch hotels

Tomah, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 1, 2011

My husband and I frequent this casino about twice a year as a trip. Since we spend the weekend and have a players club card, we get offers and this time hit the jackpot! I received a complimentary whirlpool suite. It was truely amazing! It was two rooms, whirlpool in the bedroom, sitting room with couch and a mini kitchen area. It was new and clean, even for being a smoking room. I would highly recommend if making a reservation to pay a little extra and stay in the whirlpool suite on the Buffalo floor.

Room Tip: Book way ahead if you are going to stay on a weekend!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Christie S
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I have stayed at here many times always have a clean comfortable room (could use a fridge) great cheap food and drinks,tons of slots to choose from.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank yenjen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Welch
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Red Wing
St. James Hotel
St. James Hotel
#1 of 9 in Red Wing
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cottage Grove

Been to Treasure Island Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!