“Our favorite casino in Minnesota”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Welch
Treasure Island Resort & Casino
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Welch
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Stayed here for one night for $20 through the players club. Restaurants, rooms, and machines were all great.

Would recommend to anybody.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RinkRat16173
There are newer reviews for Treasure Island Resort & Casino

Reviewed August 4, 2011

We recently stayed at Treasure Island for a convention. Our room was in the newest part of the hotel, the Eagle Tower. Our room was perfect! The beds and linens were very comfortable. The furniture and decor was very nice. The counters in the bathroom, as well as on the tables, were all nice stone tiles. The bathroom was great....large, with nice fixtures, plush towels, etc. The television was a flat screen that hung on the wall, which was nice....it seems like a lot of hotel still have the older style of t.v.

The pool area is nice. There is one pool and two hot tubs. It is open until midnight, but from 10pm-12am there are no children allowed in the pool area, so it gave us adults some time to relax in the hot tub without the distraction of kids playing.

We were able to spend some time bowling in the bowling alley, which is located right in the hotel. They had "Cosmic Bowling" when we were there, which was fun.

We ate at the buffet, which is located out in the casino. The food was really good, and there were a lot of different types of foods to choose from. We were traveling with some friends who are vegetarians, and they were able to find plenty of non-meat choices, as well.

All in all, I was very impressed with the hotel, and will definitely be back to stay again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank charvaca
Reviewed June 27, 2011

My wife took me to see a comedy act on Saturday night at Treasure Island, and booked us a room for the night. When the receptionist told her the total for our stay, I was shocked. $180?! We could have stayed a lot of places for that kind of money... the room better be nice!

It wasn't. We got a 'step up' from the normal room, which included a "deluxe flat-screen TV". I'm sorry, but an out-of-date 32" flat-panel does not qualify for any premium in 2011. Our room had 2 Queens, a bathroom with coffee maker, hair dryer... pretty much what you'd get from a $100/night room anywhere else.

When we crawled into bed, the fitted mattress sheet was untucked and the mattress pad was ruffled. Instead of trying to fix it, we just elected to use the other bed. It was like sleeping on a hospital bed. So incredibly uncomfortable, and the sheets and pillows were both horrible.

To make matters worse, our plans to sleep in were ruined by the last guest, whom had set the alarm for 5:45am. I went to the front desk and complained, and the manager "Susan" quickly offered a 25% refund. To be honest, 25% was not nearly enough. I have no intentions of returning here.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dane_peterson
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Was working in the neighborhood and stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. Unless you really wanna gamble stay away, drive 20minutes and stay in hastings. The food is straight up horriable. They actually cook nothing, it is all premade pre frozen re heated and just plane bad. They want you to gamble so there is limited acess cable (news and kids programes) in your room. As I was in work clothes and driving a big work truck I must not fit their desired bill, I was never offered a ride to my truck by the guys in golf carts and even got a frown and head shake when I pulled up to the front door to pick up a co-worker. Never again

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed May 9, 2011

I travel from casino to casino across the country to do work for my company that sells software systems. There are only a couple things that I look for in a hotel room...good water pressure, decent tv, outlets, and a comfortable bed. In Demand Movies are always a plus along with a fridge and/or microwave since I'm usually staying 7-10 days.
The water pressure was non existent. The water pretty much dribbled out of the shower head. The bath towels were paper thin and very old. There were NO extra outlets to plug in phone, laptop, etc. The bed was lumpy and very uncomfortable.
They did have In Demand Movies, but the TV looked as old as I am. No fridge or microwave either.
The room itself looked very old and not well kept. In 7+ years of traveling with work, I think this is the worst hotel casino I've stayed at.

• Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank degenx1973
Reviewed April 18, 2011

Brief synopsis - we had our bowling banquet at TI. Rooms were overpriced (stayed in the "old" tower with cracked ceilings), food not good, and the service in Parlay Lounge was absolutely horrible! Then to top it off, went to the snack bar for an ice cream cone..wasn't what I ordered..the server through it against the wall and snarled..do you want something else? I went to the casino host (super nice lady), she asked an exec to come down and talk to me about the issues. The "exec" just said, I'll talk to the people at Parlay and I'll go right over to the snack bar now and talk to them. It was of no concern to him that we weren't happy with our stay. Whatever happened to making a customer happy. We have been going there for years...we will never go back. We ended up checking out early - the person at the desk said "I hope you enjoyed your stay"..I said no we didn't..her reply.. "oh"..no other reply. Customer service is obviously not their strong suit.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank grannyde
Reviewed January 11, 2011

Stayed here for one night for a night prior to returning to Idaho after the holidays. The room was nice and very clean and very reasonably priced. The beds were a little soft for our liking but we loved that the heater was quiet compared to most. The casino slot machines were pretty tight and the restuarants were less than acceptable especially the buffet. We had room service for breakfast it was good.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kmwwcb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Welch
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Red Wing
St. James Hotel
#1 of 9 in Red Wing
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Red Wing
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cottage Grove

Been to Treasure Island Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!