All reviews lake minnetonka beautiful hotel hotel restaurant restaurants and shops air conditioner self parking a nice place to stay within walking distance enjoyed my stay spa valet lobby soundproofing downtown toiletries housekeeping hallway
Reviewed October 25, 2017

First, let me say tha itt is great to have a hotel in Downtown Wayzata. I grew up here and now I travel to Minnesota 2-3 times per year to see family and it is nice to have a new hotel to stay in that is near where they live. Wayzata seems to be really stepping it up and there are numerous good places to eat, including the hotel's restaurant 925, within walking distance of this location.

Let me start by saying the hotel is lovely. Without exception, the staff were friendly and helpful. I enjoyed my stay.

My first contact at the hotel was with the Valet, very professional, issued a claim ticket and explained the procedure for retrieving the vehicle (call or text the number on the claim check,10-minutes prior to needing it). This worked well throughout my stay, My car was always waiting by the time I got down to the door. Having only a carryon bag, I didn't require a Bellman's services.

As I entered the lobby I was greeted by name by the front desk, which I thought was a nice touch, I don't know if the valet tipped him off or if I was the only remaining reservation that evening. He confirmed my dates and I headed to the room, a spacious Jr. Suite which is what I had reserved.

The room has a partition between the bed and the large living area. There are two large flat screen televisions on either side of the partition which is great except that when turning on/off one, the other would often come on/off requiring me to go to the other side of the partition and shut off the television I wasn't watching, not the end of the world but annoying especially when you are in bed and want to go to sleep. The bathroom is well equipped, some may fault the single sink when there was room for a double but it was adequate for my needs. There are full size toiletries with push pumps, not the most elegant, but in many ways better than dealing with tiny bottles of the stuff. Many hotels have refrigerators, this hotel has a refrigerator drawer built into the spacious desk, it was stocked daily with Fiji Water. The room also had a small dining table, a pullout sofa and an amazingly hard lounge chair. The bed was comfortable, the sheets were nice, not Frette, but nice.

925, the hotel restaurant has an interesting menu and the bar has a very reasonable "Happy Hour" menu which I believe is available everyday at certain hours, typically after the rather early, by East coast standards, dinner hours. They are obviously trying to develop a local following and seem to be doing so. The service both at the bar and at tables is attentive, It did seem as if there was always a bit of a lag that was longer than normal between ordering and receiving meals. The quality and taste of the food was excellent.

I was ready to give this hotel 4 stars but on the last day of my stay I left the hotel at about 9:30am and didn't return till about 8pm. When I entered the room it had not been cleaned. I went down to the front desk to let them know I was disappointed in this, the front desk person didn't exactly apologize but offered to move me to a clean room, I hadn't packed up my bag and had an early departure the following day so I declined, being the only person in the room, there were also plenty of clean towels left. I checked out at 6am the following day and the front desk guy asked me about my stay, I said it was great except for the housekeeping problem, which I explained, he said he would write it up and someone would probably contact me. So far, no one has done so, I'm not holding my breath.

I will try them again, probably in the spring, I think they are good, but being on the higher end of the room rate spectrum in Minnesota, they need to be a bit more polished and trained in how to recover when they don't meet customer's expectations.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank ErikRex
Reviewed September 18, 2017

At "The Landing" near Lake Minnetonka in Wayzata last weekend. My wife and I were celebrating our Anniversary. What a Beautiful Hotel!! The Restaurant food was spectacular, service was incredible . Great place to stay we certainly recommend it and looking forward to staying there again.

Some of our highlights we experienced was the outside seating and beautiful views of the surroundings. The location of the Hotel is very close to the Lakes and we were able to stroll through the Main Street area, very convenient. The overall feel of the hotel was very welcoming, we were greeted by every employee we met with a smile. We were so happy with our weekend and we will tell all our friends about the Hotel and the marvelous time we had.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

This is a new property - and frankly the only hotel - in quaint Wayzata. I had to come for a meeting and was thinking I should stay in Minneapolis and drive in for the meeting. Then I found the Landing - and I'm so glad I was able to spend 2 nights there. Adorable, wonderful boutique hotel.

Located in walking distance to everything (including the lake), this hotel has everything you need for business or leisure.

It's brand new and sparkles. Love the beds. The bathrobe and the bathrooms. Super elegant.

The restaurant is great with fresh seafood and a diverse menu.

I loved the free bikes. Just ask the valet, sign a waiver form, and off you go. There are lots of trails around for biking. Best way to get around and see the local area.

The staff was great. Especially the valet team. They operate the free jaguar shuttle to anywhere else you want to go. Another nice perk.

The only complaint which you see in all reviews is the noisy AC in the rooms. This true. But I'm a light sleeper - and it didn't interrupt my sleep. The Windows don't open. So there's no option for fresh air. But I wouldn't let that stop you from booking.

You'll love this hotel. So glad I was able to spend a couple days there. Plan on returning soon. Thanks Landing team!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

I live locally but wanted to splurge and spend the night in a high end boutique hotel. The hotel had several sitting areas and was beautifully decorated with pictures related to Lake Minnetonka and Wayzata. The room was a soothing grey and brown color scheme with a large walk in shower. The air conditioner is loud. Unfortunately, the duvet cover had yellow stains, but after contacting the front desk, was promptly replaced by housekeeping. There is a drawer refrigator with water but no signage if complimentary or a fee would be charged. There are no vending machines and the ice machine was not functional. My biggest disappointment was the lack of customer service by the employees. I was not greeted by the valet, in the elevator I talked to the Housekeeping Supervisor and heard how busy they were but was not welcomed or asked if I needed assistance, and when I was talking to the restaurant hostess, we were rudely interrupted by a hotel employee asking where the ice machine was located. On checkout I was charged $10 for one nights parking which was a complete surprise....the fee was not disclosed on their website, in my reservation information, or at check in. Front desk clerk offered no apology. Overall, the hotel is beautiful but I found the guest experience to be poor, it felt as if the staff had received no training.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed August 29, 2017

I stayed at Hotel Landing with my dad for two nights while visiting family in the area. The hotel is in a great location, near the waterfront and shops. It's very clean and comfortable. The beds are super comfortable. They bathrooms are large with modern shower and nice bath products.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family