“Economical getaway from home”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Warroad
Seven Clans Casino Hotel - Warroad
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Warroad
Winnipeg MB
“Economical getaway from home”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Another year at the hotel, not much change in a year. Furniture is getting run down, in time a major Reno will be needed. Our room was clean, no complaints for 25 $ a night. Restaurant dinner buffet was awesome! Breakfast buffet ok and it is free with your room so no complaints for free stuff. Casino , however had tight machines this trip. Overall we all had a great vacation as we made the best of it!

• Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed January 16, 2012

i travel to the usa at least twice a month ..and eveyone one there is real nice . my family enjoys the water park an the food ,at times the malt shop is busy,but we do get our food,an the food is great,the rooms are always clean,nothing to complain about,casino is clean and the staff are always friendly. we go there to relax and i wont quit going there.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank dean m
Reviewed December 11, 2011

We stayed two nights. If you want to use the swimming facilities the only ones available without having to purchase a band even if you don't plan on riding on any of the slides is the sauna and a hot tub that was out of order. On first impression, we entered the hotel area and it smelled like smoke everywhere. Smoking bars weren't even this bad. The room was freezing. It was dirty. The beds were very uncomfortable. We were harassed by the staff on several occasions. They were also exceptionally rude and were questioning of all of our actions. I wonder if this is similar to prison? I would have filed a complaint, but it was clear that they either do not care or the complaint would end up in the trash. Staff also made it a point to talk about their guests negatively or about how bad it is for them and I can see that it must be like that all the way around. All in all, we checked out early and I hope to never be back.

• Stayed December 2011
4 Thank mashthepotato

Travelers are raving about these Warroad hotels

Minnesota
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Don't expect them to get your reservation correct. They messed ours up 3 times before we even arrived. Water park used to come with the price of you room. This is no longer true. The water park was clean. They have life guards on duty and sometimes they pay attention. Pool towels always seem to be in demand.

We needed extra blankets and pillows. We called room service twice and finally gave up and went to get them ourselves.

Most of the employees seemed to have little to no desire to help the guests. They all seemed very bored with their jobs and moped through their day.

We used to really enjoy staying here with our kids. It's an ok place as long as you don't expect too much. We will probably not return as it's not worth the long drive for the price and customer service can be found much better someplace else. We aren't real fussy people and tend to rarely complain and make the best of situations. We did have a fun weekend but know we can do better else where.

They also used to have a workout center. This has been removed.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank sunnydaze24
Winnipeg
Reviewed July 23, 2011

The waterpark: it seems to be maintained. The lifeguards occasionally pay attention. Someone pooped in the lazy river. They only closed it for half an hour. Did they have time to properly clean it? There are kids that run through the lazy river making it not quite lazy. Our 1.5 year old loved the kiddie pool and loved having the giant bucket of water dumped on her.

The restaurant: it closes at 8:00 pm. Too early for a place that has a 24 hour casino and a water park that is open until 10. They have a free "continental" breakfast which isn't quite continental but you can't really complain about free. They had eggs, unflavoured shredded hash browns, and a meat (either sausage or bacon) each morning. They had cereal, pastries, apples, oranges, grapefuit, toast, and bagels. There was also a menu you could supposedly order different food from but we didn't do that. They also had people serving coffee and juice.

The diner attached to the casino: we didn't eat there but some people in my group did and they said that they waited for 45 minutes for a pizza.

The casino: smoke filled. My husband's machine started blinking and said to call an attendant right after he put his money in. It took a while for us to find someone. We aren't big gamblers so we can't talk about this much.

The rooms: we were in a regular room with a 2 double beds. It was very spacious so we had room to put our play pen. Our mattress was AWFUL. Completely AWFUL. I can't say enough bad things about it. When my sister checked into her room, there were still wet towels from the previous people. The bedspread on the bed in our non smoking room had what could only look like a giant cigar burn mark on it. The bathroom was tiny. The sink was outside the bathroom.

General notes: the employees for the most part seem lackluster at best. The water from the tap has an odd taste to it. I really don't recommend staying here. The reason that we go is because my grandma loves the freedom of being able to go to the casino whenever and the kids love the waterpark.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank xski
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed June 17, 2011

The outside of the hotel and grounds are well kept, we could see our car in the parking lot from our room which I liked.
Upon entering you are greeted by a smell that I can only describe as cigarette smoke and chlorine.
Our room was non-smoking but still had the same odor (must be the ventilation system). That being said, on a 2 night stay we didn`t spend much time in it, and for $55 on a Thursday, the room was HUGE;Fridge,Microwave were standard, FREE internet as well (I think) - as long as you brought your own lap top.2 queen beds,32" TV, the sink/tub showed signs off wear, but we only used them to clean up after the pool. $17.09 for a movie rental over the TV Menu- no thanks, for that I`ll buy the Blue Ray.
We were also treated to a FREE Continental Breakfast which came with our room key, which was basically a buffet with few choices;Scrambled eggs (powdered maybe),stringy hash browns,salty sausage patty`s,4 types of cereal,a thimble sized cup of milk or coolaid?, 2 pastry choices and an apple or orange. Service was basically you go to them if you want something (coffee) not them waiting on you, not the finest place to eat but hey it was FREE. * Coffee is also free 24hrs at the Casino portion (which I did not visit).
The Water Park is $7.50 per person if you`re staying at the hotel ($12.50) if you`re not. I know some feel it should be included in the price - however Canad Inn Grand Forks does the same, and their rates are higher and their water park not as good. But personally, I prefer to share the water with hotel guests not somebody who just staggered in with $12.50 in his pocket.
The slides are dark inside and fast if you like that sort of thing - I do not, but kids do. There is one that can takes a 1 or 2 person tube as well. There is a circular lazy river with a few slight water falls. a kiddy splash area with junior slides and a bucket that fills up and dumps from above. and a pool with water up to 5ft deep. 2 hot tubs, and a sauna (which was down for repair)
For an indoor Hotel Water Park, I think it had a lot to offer, and your admission bracelet is good from the day you check in til 11am the next day before you have to buy a new one for that day.
* My only complaint here, (not that I would ever leave my kid unattended anyway), but the "Lifeguard" staff seemed disinterested and distracted the whole time I was there. Some of them didn`t even look like they knew how to swim.
My only other real point of contention is that because the hotel is attached to a Casino expect to see a lot of peculiar people walking around, gambling does attract a certain type of clientele.
All in all, For $55 on a Thurs and $85 on a Fri works out to about $70 a night, I really shouldn't complain.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank 1weekendwarrior
Winnipeg MB
Reviewed May 27, 2011

throughout the year we book rooms here, we usually stay for free or reduced rate because we like to gamble. The rooms are very spacious and clean. The beds are comfy. Coffee maker fridge and microwave included as well as internet ready. The teenagers enjoyed the pool and slides. Very economical for the price even if you pay regular rates. I have had no problems there ever. Great place to gamble too. At times we stay here and go to Grand forks for shopping. Theif River has a fabulous walmart to shop on the way back to Canada.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank sandyrodge
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warroad
North Country Inn & Suites
Can Am Inn
Can Am Inn
#1 of 4 in Warroad
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Roseau
Super 8 Warroad
Super 8 Warroad
#3 of 4 in Warroad

Been to Seven Clans Casino Hotel - Warroad? Share your experiences!