“We always stay here....”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Warroad
Seven Clans Casino Hotel - Warroad
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Warroad
Winnipeg MB
“We always stay here....”
Reviewed May 27, 2011

throughout the year we book rooms here, we usually stay for free or reduced rate because we like to gamble. The rooms are very spacious and clean. The beds are comfy. Coffee maker fridge and microwave included as well as internet ready. The teenagers enjoyed the pool and slides. Very economical for the price even if you pay regular rates. I have had no problems there ever. Great place to gamble too. At times we stay here and go to Grand forks for shopping. Theif River has a fabulous walmart to shop on the way back to Canada.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank sandyrodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 1, 2011

I came up here for a trip that I won, the place is on the edge of the prairie about 7 miles south of Thief River Falls. It is about a 6 hour drive from the Twin Cities and it feels really far away. The casino itself sits in the middle of nowhere, there is seriously not even a house within sight. TRF is big enough to have a K-Mart, Wal-Mart, and some fast food but there is not a whole lot going on there. I went into town one day to just get out of the casino and the best they have for entertainment is a two screen theater and a train depot that's a sort of museum. The casino is pretty much it in the area and luckily it doesn't dissapoint.

I would think this place would be loved in the community because it has everything. It has a large, rustic hotel with a huge lobby, a large indoor waterpark with 4 big slides, lazy river, kids play area, and large hottubs. The waterpark is as nice as the big indoor parks in Wisonsin Dells. Ourside the waterpark is a large arcade with redemption games. I went to the waterpark and was very pleased and amazed with how nice it is for being in the middle of nowhere.

The place has two restaurants, a large sit-down place that is off the lobby and overlooks the park, and a 50's grill that is off the casino. Previous posters are right that the 50's Grill is slow and the workforce uninspired. However, the food is good there. The sit-down restaurant was good as well but the buffet was middling. It was okay though becasue it was free.

Speaking of free, this casino has the most generous comps of any casino I have ever been to. They have free buffets in the morning if you are a guest of the hotel, and if you gamble like $100, it is likely you will get coupons afterwards that will give you practically free rooms plus other perks. They give away a lot of cash.

The casino is not in the basement but is down a flight of stairs. The casino is the oldest part of the complex and it kind of shows. However, the staff at the Player's Club is very professional and nice. They will try to give you every freebie you can get. When I went to the cashier though the lady dealt me $1000 without a smile on her face, it was like she gave me a coupon or something. Kind of funny.

The casino did seem kind of tight, but I had some nice wins as well. There are some older machines there as well which I like because I get to use coins. There's a fairly good assortment of new stuff as well. It is moderately sized and was never too busy.

I really enjoyed my trip, and although the place has some downsides, I'm not real picky. The novelty of a huge casino/hotel/waterpark/restaurant on this side of nowhere was enough for me.

• Stayed April 2010
1 Thank RBaumann02
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Reviewed January 5, 2011

I haven't stayed here in almost 3 years and very leary about what to expect. The biggest complaint I have is the over-powering smell of smoke. Why you would put bingo in the entrance way where people check in is beyond me. Bingo is played on Friday's and Saturday's and when we arrived Sunday morning to check in the smell was awful. It drifted down the halls and into your room and clothes. By Monday the odor was much less but you could still smell it.

The rooms. We stayed on the first floor which we really liked and had a room with a fireplace, 2 double beds and futon. The rooms are very large and they were clean. I will admit to checking the beds for bed bugs based on the last post and am happy to report that everything was clean. No complaints on cleanliness in the rooms.

The waterpark has been painted and the kids play area re-done. My children had a blast and they are 10 and 5. There are slides for all ages and they were entertained for hours. The staff to were on top of the kids making sure they weren't horsing around and behaving.

Continental breakfst was ok. The hot food was not good but it's free so I just went with the flow and had toast and coffee.

All in all I was pleasantly surprised by the stay. We would go back which says alot since I am very picky. It's certainly not the ritz but the value of the rooms and the waterpark make it worth a trip back.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Hi
We stayed 2 days at Seven Clans casino and hotel on 12 and 13 of October 2010. The place is very smoky even in the non-smoking rooms. The staff is trying a little harder to be friendly as opposed to the other times we have stayed there. We knew the rooms were smoky so sleep with patio door open. the shape of the rooms are really going downhill (safety door locks gone, screens torn and carpets dirty.

What got us was my husband had a couple of bites on his neck the first morning and about 7 the next morning which got worse by the time we got home (itchy and large welts. I don't react to bites so if I was bitten I didn't know it. I checked on the internet and it looks like bed bug bites. I have seen the staff spraying the lobby but never knew what for. I will be calling the hotel but don't think I will get much of a response and they do seem to be out to lunch most of the time.

I have washed all clothes and put luggage in freezer for a least 4 days. Hopefully we din't bring anything home with us as I know bed bug are even in very expensive hotels.

Sharon
Wpg, MB

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
7 Thank sharon123449

Travelers are raving about these Warroad hotels

Hillsdale, Michigan
Reviewed August 25, 2010

Stayed several years at the Seven Clans in Thief River Falls, MN.
Staff is not rude, they just don't care. The hotel has gone downhill every year and now is just disgusting and like I said, the staff acts like the customer is a bother.
I will pay to stay elsewhere when in TRFalls, and will check with tripadvisor from now on before booking a hotel.
I actually am surprised people would consider staying at this hotel. The casino is very tight, but that is beside the point, it is the hotel and staff that is most disappointing.
Oh, if you are from out of state, your cell phone may not get signal, mine never did out there.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Lilacinspring1919
Bismarck, North Dakota
Reviewed August 18, 2010

We stayed June 13 through the 19th and we were promised a suite with the fire place. And we got a yucky smoking room and all of the front desk attendants were rude. The night time malt shoppe employees were talking about sex and stuff it was so nasty i had to go back to my room to eat. The water park staff was rude. I personally would not stay here again we payed good money for this hotel and thought it would be fun but it was a trashy hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Qjschum
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 19, 2010

I'm a flight attendant and stay here often enough. Twice in 1 week. Horrible. The place looks decent on the outside but on the inside... expcect to come out reeking of nicotine, the rooms are always dirty. I mean ALWAYS. The dirty laundry list of just this last visit includes: 6 inch hair in the microwave, fridge that clunks and dies like an old radiator, remote that only changed channels in one direction, no matter what button you pushed- volume=channel changed down, power=channel change down, channel change up=channel change down, you get the picture. Doors slamming and loud talking in halls at all hours, and my favorite- they gave some men a key to my room. Thank goodness I had the privacy latch on because my door opened right up and caught only on that latch. I hate this place and cringe every time I see it on my schedule. I carry full size can of lysol in my suitcase for places like this. I can't stand it and they PAY me to sleep here. Why would you waste your money?

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank SkySurfsForaLiving
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warroad
North Country Inn & Suites
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Roseau
Super 8 Warroad
Super 8 Warroad
#2 of 4 in Warroad
Can Am Inn
Can Am Inn
#4 of 4 in Warroad

Been to Seven Clans Casino Hotel - Warroad? Share your experiences!