“GO FOR THE FAST FOOD”

Dancing Fire Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 24 Restaurants in Walker
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hemet, California, United States
“GO FOR THE FAST FOOD”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

The Northern Lights Casino is fun but the Dancing Fire restaurant is to be avoided. During a June, 2014 visit we, and by appearances, everyone else had a horrible experience. After our order was placed there was a wait of one hour twenty minutes for food to arrive. The steaks were entirely bloody raw. We saw others with their plates piled up, waiting for desert even longer than we waited. We finally negotiated to pay for the drinks only and leave. The ambience is great. The menu is fancy (and not a little expensive) but the management and service absolutely horrible. You can dress a baboon in a tux, but it will still be a baboon. Go for the fast food at the Little Star snack bar. You'll have more time for playing.

• Visited June 2014

Walker, Minnesota
“The Gorgonzola crusted steak was amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

My husband & I try to have dinner at Dancing Fire at least a few times a year. Their Gorgonzola crusted filet is so buttery smooth & always cooked to perfection. If you were to have the same steak in a big city it would run you a minimum of $40.00. Their bread that is served with the meal is made from scratch daily & is soooooo yummy! We have had Alicia as our server many times & she does a wonderful job!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank LeechLakeGirl
Amherst, Virginia
“Really Good Hotel Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I had the spinach salad and ribeye steak. It was so good the first night, I had exactly the same thing two nights later. Perfect again. Though the wine list is short, all three wines I tried over the two nights were very good. All three staff members I interacted with were friendly, attentive and well-trained. The ambiance, with a view of the kitchen and it's flaming grill, was excellent. There is a nice patio. I did not eat out there, but did sit out there to finish my wine and chat with the staff about the Ojibwe Tribe who owns and operates the hotel/casino. I learned a few things and enjoyed the view of the wetland down below. The Dancing Fire Grill is reason enough for a visit or stat at Northern Lights. I hope I have the opportunity to visit there again.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Kerry S
sartell, mn
“This is the high end of Casino dining!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Whenever we want a really nice breakfast while we are up north this is the spot to hit.
The atmosphere is great, the views from the dining room is great, the service is always wonderful. I have had several of their breakfast entrees and all have been excellent.
The restaurant is always very clean and you can see the open kitchen from the dining area.
On occasion a few hands of black jack gets your breakfast paid for!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank mnguy48Sartell_Mn
Rockwall, Texas
“Birthday Celebration - So So Experience at Dancing Fire”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Our evening plan was to meet another couple here for a Birthday DInner. We arrived first, and approached the restaurant entrance. I stood there at the Maitre d'/recpeption stand and watched 4 employees talking near the bar in the back of the restaurant....wait, wait, wait, finally one of them approached; a young woman.

The greeting was less welcoming than expected, but she promptly showed us to a table to wait. Since it was winter, we both had heavy coats on, but no suggestion was offered as to what to do with them. I subsequently discovered a coat rack outside, near the entrance, that might have been recommended in a more service-oriented encounter.

The other couple arrived, and we ate dinner. My wife's walleye was tasty and well prepared; my Halibut was very dry -- likely from two long in the freezer even though they advertised that it is fileted on site (doubtful!). My comment on that to the waitress went unanswered; she was not even a bit concerned that it might not be up to standards, or that Management (notably absent from the premise as far as I could tell) might want to offer something as an offset.

The other couple had a beef tenderloin and a rack of lamb; both reported them as good. We finished with a cheesecake, that was just average and not much taste.

During the meal we had two bottles of wine, a Kendall Jackson Chard that was priced at $30, which is a bit higher than normal for KJ, and a BV blend. Both were fine, though I think a bit pricey for the location.

Atmosphere is OK in this small dining room, but be prepared: Families with kids can drop in any time and may not appreciate the ambience this place trys to offer. Also, patrons may come in from the casino in jeans and whatever, often smelling of smoke. (Yes, the Casino -- unfortunately -- is considered to be Indian Land, and thus exempt from Minnesota's smoking regulations. (That kept us from going there after dinner, as none of us enjoy smoke1)