Walker Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Owls Nest Motel(Hackensack)
Longville Inn(Longville)
View Hotel
All reviewswafflesadjacent restaurantclean roomsclose to downtownpaul bunyanleech lakehot breakfaststay there againwalkersjimmysfuneralpillowssaunamicrowavehosts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed in two different rooms in a single stay, through a mixup by Expedia which the hotel management helped us resolve. After a nine-hour drive to get here, it was good that the hotel is actually in the small (and attractive) town of Walker, so today we didn't need to use the car at all; we could easily walk to the shops and cafes and down to the lake. This hotel is the only one that's literally in town. The rooms are clean, though different from one another: one (#102) had a sink outside the bathroom proper; the other (107) had the sink in the bathroom itself, slightly less convenient when travelling with other people. One room had a small fridge and microwave; the other didn't, but hotel staff simply carried the fridge to our new room at our request. The breakfast was ordinary but adequate; the pool is a decent size and not overchlorinated. My only complaint would be that the internet didn't seem to work in our rooms, only in the lobby, though hotel staff said this was unusual. Overall, I liked this hotel well enough and, as I say, its location right in town is a definite advantage.

Room Tip: Even numbers face the street, so ground floor rooms have other people's cars outside your window. Odd-numbered rooms face a quiet lawn at the back. Avoid 102 especially, unless you're one of the first up for breakfast; it's next to the lobby (though quiet at night).
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank botafogoblogger
Shay M, Manager at Walker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for your comments, we strive best to accommodate guests in all best possible manner for their comfort & pleasure, the rooms have structured in different ways considering various aspects of plumbing, electric , etc., etc.,
we have made all necessary arrangements to ensure a good wi- fi connectivity in all rooms.Hope in your next stay with us, you are well connected.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Not much as changed from last year. I did enjoy the pool when we arrived, very large. The bed is comfortable and the staff made new coffee for me when I wanted some in the evening. While I think the rates are a little high, it's compatible for in season in the lakes area. I really enjoy the staff.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Shay M, Manager at Walker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thanks for your views.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I was looking for a clean, safe, pet friendly place to stay. My GPS lead me to this hotel. They need a better sign by the road to make it easier to locate especially in the dark. The man at the desk was very friendly and helpful. When I asked if they allowed pets he said I would be the first one with a pet to stay there. I was so relieved. The room was clean, and quiet with a good WiFi connection and cable TV. I did not eat breakfast there. There is a restuarant next door. I woud stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Pam682
Shay M, Manager at Walker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Thank you very much for your opinion/ review, it was the time when new management took over , renovation & changes were taking place when you visited. Now on your next stay with us,as you have mentioned in your review, we are sure, you will find more comfort & will have a pleasent experience.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

This was a nice and clean motel, but I could never find anyone at the front desk. This was the second AmericInn that we stayed at in the same week and it was very much like the first one. There was no one there when I came to see if they had a room and when I came down to see what was wrong with the WiFi there wasn't anyone around then, either. I never did get a good connection to the internet. Overall, it was a nice, quiet place to sleep and the breakfast is always good at AmericInns. I just wonder if they require their front desk staff to take on other duties or what the problem is. There should always be someone at the desk. I don't care if they are doing crossword puzzles!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SKYJON
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this property last night for Independence Day. We liked the motel, the staff was pleasant and seemed to like their jobs, and though the beds were firm we slept well on them. I read reviews that the motel seemed old and run down. Didn't see it. We found a clean, modern facility.
One disappointment was that the breakfast and coffee area was neglected. Neither yesterday or today was the orange juice machine working, and they didn't refill the coffee creamer either day also. Whoops. Why have an empty bottle for two days! And we also read a review that breakfast had fresh fruit and sausage, but we didn't see that. There was a waffle machine with great waffle mix. Just a little effort would make a really pleasant breakfast experience.
So if you go in and don't expect coffee or food, you'll be satisfied.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank gringo

Thanks for your valued opinion & always means lot for us, The new management has taken over from July-2012, new system & few more changes been adopted focusing more on customer's satisfaction. Hope, in your next visit you will find us at your desired level.